Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought this was going to be another 2.7 thread and you wanted a backup for when it's getting engines replaced.

Go for it, game the system any way you can because they gamed us by changing the allocation rules.
Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi all ... tell me what you think.
I have an October 2020 reservation and a January 2021 order on a 2-door Base Sasquatch. I know my delivery is gonna take forever, and while I think I have my dealer tied into no dealer markup, I can't be certain.
So .. should I quick order an identical backup Bronco from a different local dealer?
If I do, which Denver dealer should I go with?
Thank you

1645735164753.png
You should do whatever you are comfortable with. I ordered a 2nd one from Phil Long Ford because they said 90 to 120 days, I have a VIN and an April build date for it. I will buy it and when??? my 1st order gets delivered I will either trade it in or sell it outright.

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am considering ordering a backup myself.

It isn't the best solution to start ordering unnecessary units. But if you cancel one before the other has a VIN it shouldn't impact the amount of orders in the long run.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You checked the the exact right profile, at the exact right time to pick up on that. Buy a lottery ticket.
Nah. Fake news. I saw it at 1775 and then liked something but that made it 1777 so I unliked it back to 1776. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2013 F150, 1979 Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ask yourself: When you have a clogged toilet, does putting more shit in there help?
In this metaphor, I just want a small specific piece of shit to become dislodged and make its way down the sewer... so, maybe it would help?

In all seriousness, I've been considering the same thing. I've got a Grangtober reservation. I can wait for the Bronco itself, but I'm worried by the time it is built, the MY23 price protection will have expired, prices will have continued to inflate, and interest rates will be through the roof. Those could pretty much negate the few thousand in savings I have from the deal. So should I just try to get the same build in MY22 or MY23 at a bigger local dealer for MSRP, and call it a wash?

My biggest hold back is the loss of price protection by placing a new order now. I have wondered if a second dealer could use my original price protection rebate on a different order (after all, it would be the same name/address/etc as my original order). Seems unlikely, but within the realm of possibility based on how convoluted the rebate process is. Maybe I'll give Ford customer care a call to ask when I have an hour or two to kill...

I've asked a few local (also Denver) dealers this week about how long their wait is. Only one of them would give me any concrete sense of number of orders and their recent allocations. Most were suggesting not to order with them because it would be 1-2 years. I suspect they are just tired of having to answer questions from existing order holders for years on end, and they don't want to add to their backlog.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a fully loaded Badlands build with a MIC top. No idea when I'll get it. Day two res older.

Placed an order for a 2.3 BB SAS MID a few days ago through a friend at MSRP. It'll be the interim Bronco until my final build gets here.

Just order another one. It's a grab bag at this point.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I could go back in time I’d have ordered 4 of them. Who knew how F’ed they were gonna handle this process

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs