First Name
TOM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Taurus SHO 22' Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cuckoo's nest. Jack thinks I'm insane for asking, but up until an hour ago, I was just ignorant. I am glad I asked though. YOU guys helped me to understand and now I can avoid wasting my, and the dealers time. OTHER NEWBIES may benefit from this thread in the future. Negative caring is still caring and I appreciate the time everyone took for me.
SHOTRUCK

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Cuckoo's nest. Jack thinks I'm insane for asking, but up until an hour ago, I was just ignorant. I am glad I asked though. YOU guys helped me to understand and now I can avoid wasting my, and the dealers time. OTHER NEWBIES may benefit from this thread in the future. Negative caring is still caring and I appreciate the time everyone took for me.
SHOTRUCK
I care and will always answer something I know, but for the future people who may see this use the search function.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In 35 short days, the order banks will open for the '22 Model year. Hopefully, we get an order guide before then. I somewhat expect their will be a trim similar to the First Edition that is unveiled for '22. Ford also often doesn't unveil all the trims at the beginning so I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up in February.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm at square one, finally ready to order a new Bronco, and after reading for an hour or so, can't find anyone else here in my situation.
I'm new to the forum and new to the Bronco ordering debacle. In a perfect world, I would like to go to my closest Ford dealer, Coconut Point Ford, and order a new First Edition Bronco. I don't want or need a hardtop, but if forced to take it, would either store or sell it. Otherwise, I would order every option available and try to get as much white inside and out as I could (Florida).
Am I asking for an impossible dream? I'm a Ford guy, but if we are talking more than a year away, I will be heading to the Jeep dealer.
Any help appreciated.
SHOTRUCK
The "First"s of the First Edition are all gone, unless you want a $20,000 marked up model that someone is flipping.

Otherwise, configure your Bronco (Wildtrack, perhaps) visit your favorite dealer and prepare to order when the 2022 banks open mid-September. Maybe you'll get it in a year.

At least one dealer on this forum has been doing nationwide sales.

OP
OP
SHOtruck

SHOtruck

Outer Banks
First Name
TOM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The "First"s of the First Edition are all gone, unless you want a $20,000 marked up model that someone is flipping.

Otherwise, configure your Bronco (Wildtrack, perhaps) visit your favorite dealer and prepare to order when the 2022 banks open mid-September. Maybe you'll get it in a year.

At least one dealer on this forum has been doing nationwide sales.
Thanks. This is helpful. It's hard to imagine having to wait a year for a new car, but I had a friend in Denmark who waited 15 years just to buy a new Mercedes. Sorry, I digress. Not sure yet what I'll do, but my wife thinks I should follow your advice here.
SHOTRUCK

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you can see yourself in any other vehicle, then I would go ahead and make a purchase of what is available. The reason is this: Unless you MUST have a Bronco (like me and many others here), you will be in for a looooong wait and get your heart broken in the process (not to mention tons of frustration).

OP
OP
SHOtruck

SHOtruck

Outer Banks
First Name
TOM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never in my 50 years of driving, ordering 3 new cars and picking countless new and used cars off of the lot, have I had to do this much reading to order a new car accurately and wait so long for delivery. I deep-dove Jeep, and now know that the Bronco is a much better choice for me personally. Going to the dealer in September to order an Outerbanks.
Thanks again for the guidance.
Shotruck

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never in my 50 years of driving, ordering 3 new cars and picking countless new and used cars off of the lot, have I had to do this much reading to order a new car accurately and wait so long for delivery. I deep-dove Jeep, and now know that the Bronco is a much better choice for me personally. Going to the dealer in September to order an Outerbanks.
Thanks again for the guidance.
Shotruck
Before you pick a dealer, I'd look long and hard at the threads on here before making that decision. I'd get the price in writing from whichever dealer you go with, which has been a problem for others (You'll see threads here on how a dealer pulled a fast one and either marked up or flat out had another buyer waiting before someone's Bronco was delivered). Save yourself the heartache at the dealer in 12 months and get everything in writing up front from your dealer. If they balk, that is your first red flag and you need to find a different dealer.

Not sure where you're located, but if you're willing to make a trip out of it, there are dealers on this forum that have been very transparent about their deal/process. Check out @Granger Ford , @Zach@Granger , @DealerInsider and @StephensAutoCenter. Start with these guys and search for their interactions with the members here. I think @Serramonte Ford and @EricAtKearnyMesaFord are a couple California dealers who have been really good to interact with on the forum as well.

Good luck.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Before you pick a dealer, I'd look long and hard at the threads on here before making that decision. I'd get the price in writing from whichever dealer you go with, which has been a problem for others (You'll see threads here on how a dealer pulled a fast one and either marked up or flat out had another buyer waiting before someone's Bronco was delivered). Save yourself the heartache at the dealer in 12 months and get everything in writing up front from your dealer. If they balk, that is your first red flag and you need to find a different dealer.

Not sure where you're located, but if you're willing to make a trip out of it, there are dealers on this forum that have been very transparent about their deal/process. Check out @Granger Ford , @Zach@Granger , @DealerInsider and @StephensAutoCenter. Start with these guys and search for their interactions with the members here. I think @Serramonte Ford and @EricAtKearnyMesaFord are a couple California dealers who have been really good to interact with on the forum as well.

Good luck.
Yeah, @DealerInsider and @StephensAutoCenter are great people. Wherever you are located someone should be able to be reasonably close to help out.

OP
OP
SHOtruck

SHOtruck

Outer Banks
First Name
TOM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FINALLY got to sit in a new 4 door soft top Bronco that arrived at a local dealer. My salesman called it a 'manequin'. Can't drive it or sell it. Frankly, I was underwhelmed by two factors. They are surmountable, but must be dealt with right away for me.
First, I should mention I had a CJ7 V-8, rusty and used, but drivable, and that led to the purchase of a new '88 Wrangler, that I owned for 3 years and got close to the new price when I sold it. I liked it a lot, but didn't suit my evolving needs at the time.
Now, the new Bronco issues:
-Back window. You can't just unzip it and roll it up. Instead there is a process to remove and an even more difficult process to re-install the back window. Correct me if I'm wrong.
-I can't just hop in. Okay, I'm old and arthritic, but my brain still thinks I'm 22. I struggled to get into the drivers seat. My new '87 Bronco had to get aluminum running boards that acted both as a step and protective mud flaps. Ugly, but effective. Is there a better looking solution for the new Bronco?
I like the Jeep top I see on the road that uses a hardtop frame, but has a soft top that powerslides back the length of the jeep and folds at the back above the spare tire. I think bestop makes it. Does anyone know if this is coming for the Bronco?
Thanks
SHOtruck
Sponsored