First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Those are 33 12.50 22s? It looks like there's a lot of fender gap in the rear. I guess stock 32s would have more fender gap than that but it's just kind of an optical illusion.
Yessir. I'm not exactly parked on even ground either so that's not helping.

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reading some of the responses to your question and had to chuckle. So many dudes on this forum who think that they are the arbiters of cool. These are probably the same guys too timid to go talk to a woman or constantly seeking validation from others for everything they do while believing they ar rough and tumble trail rebels for owning a car. Lol.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Reading some of the responses to your question and had to chuckle. So many dudes on this forum who think that they are the arbiters of cool. These are probably the same guys too timid to go talk to a woman or constantly seeking validation from others for everything they do while believing they ar rough and tumble trail rebels for owning a car. Lol.
While that is a very mature take on things, you are either new to the off road community or new to forums.... This place is mild compared to some of the old ones....

If you do not understand the animosity toward "20s" and "dubs" you really have not been around very long.

Granted I have "liked" a number of the 20s photos posted on here because they are not completely ruining the entire function of an off-road vehicle. I think that attitude (speaking for myself and SOME of the old timers making derogatory comments in ribbing the choice) that attitude developed long before a vehicle could actually fit a 35 inch tire from the factory. Typically a 20 meant rubber bands intended for a race car, not an off road vehicle.

And even though you are coming from a mature take of the issue, I still felt compelled to explain that to you. hhhmmmmm.

And 20s with a rubber band... still going to get sh!t on... Some of us just have to come to grips with the fact going to a 20 does not mean a rubber band is required any more.

Sponsored

willyawisha

Big Bend
First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While that is a very mature take on things, you are either new to the off road community or new to forums.... This place is mild compared to some of the old ones....

If you do not understand the animosity toward "20s" and "dubs" you really have not been around very long.

Granted I have "liked" a number of the 20s photos posted on here because they are not completely ruining the entire function of an off-road vehicle. I think that attitude (speaking for myself and SOME of the old timers making derogatory comments in ribbing the choice) that attitude developed long before a vehicle could actually fit a 35 inch tire from the factory. Typically a 20 meant rubber bands intended for a race car, not an off road vehicle.

And even though you are coming from a mature take of the issue, I still felt compelled to explain that to you. hhhmmmmm.

And 20s with a rubber band... still going to get sh!t on... Some of us just have to come to grips with the fact going to a 20 does not mean a rubber band is required any more.
Well said sir. I feel the same way as far as when people here the words 20's & 22's they automatically think rubber band tires. It's year 2024 and we are now able to run 33" & 35" tires on the wheels in question. I personally run 22's with 33x12.50 tires. I'm not a rock crawler but I do go off-road and do a lot of fishing & they perform perfectly for my application.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well said sir. I feel the same way as far as when people here the words 20's & 22's they automatically think rubber band tires. It's year 2024 and we are now able to run 33" & 35" tires on the wheels in question. I personally run 22's with 33x12.50 tires. I'm not a rock crawler but I do go off-road and do a lot of fishing & they perform perfectly for my application.
even with 33s your 22s are still going to get crap from the guys out west... That probably does work fine on the beach but out here... those rims would definitely be a detriment to you... But most of us do not understand the limited options you have back east for off roading. Out here you can run the beach and on the same trail end up rock crawling on a mountain side. You NEED the sidewall aired down to get the patch to make it up the rocks and the wheel would just get destroyed.

But you guys don't even see those conditions. You have mountains, that we call hills, and they are definitely not the same exposed rock that we have.... In case you ever take a road trip west... be aware of that.... trade off... we don't have the swamps???

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Clearly, you are one of those about whom I speak. Another keyboard warrior. The gentleman did not ask for your opinion on what he was thinking of doing. He asked for photos from those who had already done it. I frankly donā€™t give a whit what you think about me.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Clearly, you are one of those about whom I speak. Another keyboard warrior. The gentleman did not ask for your opinion on what he was thinking of doing. He asked for photos from those who had already done it. I frankly donā€™t give a whit what you think about me.
Then take a long hard look at what I posted and everything I have said. Take a look at my "likes". I added a little humor and did not denigrate anyone.... My humor may not be for everyone. Not sure there is anyone that appeals to everyone.

But you seem easily offended.... You need to grow some skin.... And you need to understand... If you post an a forum you will get opinions, solicited or not. The fact you do not seem to understand that does actually surprise me.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wrong! He clearly stated that he didn't care what you think of him.
šŸ¤£ I think this would look pertty cool as a 20 inch sticker on the back window of a Bronco....

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Then take a long hard look at what I posted and everything I have said. Take a look at my "likes". I added a little humor and did not denigrate anyone.... My humor may not be for everyone. Not sure there is anyone that appeals to everyone.

But you seem easily offended.... You need to grow some skin.... And you need to understand... If you post an a forum you will get opinions, solicited or not. The fact you do not seem to understand that does actually surprise me.
Not easily offended. You replied to my message unsolicited. If anyone is thin skinned it must be you. Your thinly veiled insults and passive aggressive comments not withstanding, you really need to try to get to the point where you are more self actualized. Maybe posting in an adult forum isnā€™t for you yet.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not easily offended. You replied to my message unsolicited. If anyone is thin skinned it must be you. Your thinly veiled insults and passive aggressive comments not withstanding, you really need to try to get to the point where you are more self actualized. Maybe posting in an adult forum isnā€™t for you yet.
Projecting are you?

I will repeat.... Please read carefully this time

This is not passive aggressive. I think it was pretty straight forward. I am not calling you names like "keyboard warrior". I am calling it as I see it since you are obviously taking umbrage with my posts.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having trouble following what your beef is. You seem to be upset that... someone replied to your initial comment? On an open discussion forum? Your initial comment where you started hurling insults out of the blue?

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not upset. Not offended. Mildly amused and very slightly stunned by the lack of forethought before posting.

Soā€¦a guy on the forum asks for pics of people with dubs on their bronco, because he likes the look. A bunch of trolls come out of the woodwork and, instead of answering his question or being adult enough to realize that what they consider cool may not be to someone else (ie. being self actualized) tell him how stupid that is. In essence bashing him for not being the outdoor purists they think they are. Then, a couple of you get your pā€™s hurt when I point this out. Ironically, all of this happens without me calling any of you out by name.

Laughable really.
Sponsored