Sponsored

Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item?

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I have spots and puddles.

All I care for is turn signals and puddles. The Spots are honestly of no use for me.

Yes I would love to have both spots and turn signals, but I would sacrifice the spots for turn signals!
Ever get up Fredericksburg way? I'll bet we could figure that out in an hour or two...

1. Swap Pins 10 and 8 at C1401 and C1400.

2. In Forscan, Turn off the Spots, Turn on the Turn signals.

3. In Forscan, Test to see if the proper blink rate is Bulb or LED Setting, and set as appropriate.

4. Apply Lamin-X Film, Check if one layer is enough to tone the Spots down to an appropriate brightness for a turn signal, If not, apply second layer. (Compliments to @Ground_zero298 for the link)

5. Done!
Sponsored

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ever get up Fredericksburg way? I'll bet we could figure that out in an hour or two...

3. In Forscan, Test to see if the proper blink rate is Bulb or LED Setting, and set as appropriate.

4. Apply Lamin-X Film, Check if one layer is enough to tone the Spots down to an appropriate brightness for a turn signal, If not, apply second layer. (Compliments to @Ground_zero298 for the link)

5. Done!
No, unfortunately we very rarely travel that way...we either go west or south for most things since we are at the far end of the state next to TN and KY. I will dig into the pins and Forscan some and see if I can figure it out when I get a chance next week.

Thanks for giving a roadmap to follow!

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

5. Done!
From my checking the turn signal lead on pin 10 was active no matter what I did in forscan. My thought is to add diodes and retain the spots. Yes they will be amber but for the little I use them I could deal with it. Just have to get time to get the work done.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, unfortunately we very rarely travel that way...we either go west or south for most things since we are at the far end of the state next to TN and KY. I will dig into the pins and Forscan some and see if I can figure it out when I get a chance next week.

Thanks for giving a roadmap to follow!
Yeah, I pretty much never get over that way, Or I'd stop in to help... :(

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everything is ordered. Won’t be here until the 12th so I’ll update when stuff arrives and I have time.

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my checking the turn signal lead on pin 10 was active no matter what I did in forscan. My thought is to add diodes and retain the spots. Yes they will be amber but for the little I use them I could deal with it. Just have to get time to get the work done.
Yeah, That's something that is probably going to have to be checked on every configuration, Yours is a 2021 OBX High, Right?

On my 2021 Badlands No Package (Not even Mid) The pins were definitely dead before I turned on the turn signals.

Last edited:

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything is ordered. Won’t be here until the 12th so I’ll update when stuff arrives and I have time.
Nice, I look forward to seeing your results!

Were you able to find pins for the extra wire, or are you just planning to take pin 10 out of the harnesses? I'm planning to take it out of the harnesses tomorrow and use mismatched male pins and heat shrink on mine and get them hooked. That way if I ever do locate the right pins, I can put them back in the harness without too much fuss.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice, I look forward to seeing your results!

Were you able to find pins for the extra wire, or are you just planning to take pin 10 out of the harnesses? I'm planning to take it out of the harnesses tomorrow and use mismatched male pins and heat shrink on mine and get them hooked. That way if I ever do locate the right pins, I can put them back in the harness without too much fuss.
I
used some pins I have in a weather proof connector kit. They are so close to the width and length they will work fine. In fact it’s already in my connector and how I did all my testing. As I did not want to run with the connector unplugged. I’m soldering in diodes so I can have turn signals and spots (hopefully). Yes the spot will be Amber when done but I don’t think that’s a deal breaker and might even be better for camp sight use.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, That's something that is probably going to have to be checked on every configuration, Yours is a 2021 OBX High, Right?

On my 2021 Badlands No Package (Not even Mid) The pins were definitely dead before I turned on the turn signals.
Yes ‘21 high strange to me mine were live either way I configured it. My ditch lights don’t blink properly so I’m going to leave them in their own switch. I like having the dimmer ambers in for trail riding. Anything to keep me visible and not blind people.

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1 layer on these.
Is that the same film you linked? I already had picked that one as it looked the darkest. Was it a pain to make the angle on the mirror lights and make it look good?[/QUOTE]

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that the same film you linked? I already had picked that one as it looked the darkest. Was it a pain to make the angle on the mirror lights and make it look good?
[/QUOTE]
Yes. Same as linked. I did it when it was 90 out. Great film to work with. If it’s cold a heat gun will help lay the edges down. I just cut a piece and put it on the mirror, then went around it with the exacto knife. Hit the edges with some heat to lock her down.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, Finished all I'm going to do playing with this on mine..

I pulled the Turn Signal Pins out of C1400/C1401, and used a weather pack Pin connector on the wires going to my ditch lights, plugged them together and covered them with Heat Shrink;
Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? PXL_20230108_204213348

Not the way I wanted to do it, But should be well protected, secure, and easily reversible.

Also traced out the wires to check... On my late manufacture (11/21) Badlands, The Turn signal wire Does come from the Door Control Modules, not the PCM/BCM. The Spot and Puddle lamp wires end at C203 and C207

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could you do a write up on what you have done when your finished. Just so I can see other ways of accomplishing what is going on here?
Sponsored