Sponsored

Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, Finished all I'm going to do playing with this on mine..

I pulled the Turn Signal Pins out of C1400/C1401, and used a weather pack Pin connector on the wires going to my ditch lights, plugged them together and covered them with Heat Shrink;
PXL_20230108_204213348.jpg

Not the way I wanted to do it, But should be well protected, secure, and easily reversible.

Also traced out the wires to check... On my late manufacture (11/21) Badlands, The Turn signal wire Does come from the Door Control Modules, not the PCM/BCM. The Spot and Puddle lamp wires end at C203 and C207

I could not get my Amber ditch light to blink properly no matter what the setting. I believe we have the same lights. Mine would do okay for 5-6 flashes then so quick flashes then go back to normal. Do you have them just triggering a relay? Or directly to the light?
Sponsored

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could you do a write up on what you have done when your finished. Just so I can see other ways of accomplishing what is going on here?
Yup when everything arrives I’m planning to take pictures as I do it. It’s going to be next weekend before I complete it.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could not get my Amber ditch light to blink properly no matter what the setting. I believe we have the same lights. Mine would do okay for 5-6 flashes then so quick flashes then go back to normal. Do you have them just triggering a relay? Or directly to the light?
I have them hooked directly, no relay. They seem to blink properly so far, butt I'll keep observing them.

We've already seen differences between our Broncos, with yours operating regardless of programming, and mine requiring being turned on... Did you try changing around settings in forscan to see if they changed anything?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have them hooked directly, no relay. They seem to blink properly so far, butt I'll keep observing them.

We've already seen differences between our Broncos, with yours operating regardless of programming, and mine requiring being turned on... Did you try changing around settings in forscan to see if they changed anything?
Yup as recommended I tried switching to non led, turn signal on mirror on anything I did made no difference. But with the mirror spot hooked up everything blinked normal. Which is what I am after. I can always turn my amber lights with a switch anyway.

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup as recommended I tried switching to non led, turn signal on mirror on anything I did made no difference. But with the mirror spot hooked up everything blinked normal. Which is what I am after. I can always turn my amber lights with a switch anyway.
I wonder if it could have anything to do with how you've got the light grounded?

I've got the positive for the white in the ditch lights fed by an Aux switch, and the ground hooked to the grounding point on the cowl, then the Amber hooked the turn signal wire. If your ground isn't good the ambers could be feeding back through the white.

Where did you put the ground?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder if it could have anything to do with how you've got the light grounded?

I've got the positive for the white in the ditch lights fed by an Aux switch, and the ground hooked to the grounding point on the cowl, then the Amber hooked the turn signal wire. If your ground isn't good the ambers could be feeding back through the white.

Where did you put the ground?
Same place right on the cowl factory ground on both sides. The white side of mine are fed through a relay triggered by the rear fog light switch. Orange is on its own circuit and regular switch. I don’t have factory Aux switches.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same place right on the cowl factory ground on both sides. The white side of mine are fed through a relay triggered by the rear fog light switch. Orange is on its own circuit and regular switch. I don’t have factory Aux switches.
That all sounds right, not sure what could be causing the strange blink rates when hooked to the Turn indicator pin at this point...

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A little progress today to test the Amber and tint film. Color looks good wiring to happen later this week. All this is possible with the lights installed but it’s cool out and I don’t have a garage. It was nice to do it at a desk. If I had a different color Bronco I may not have tinted over the amber but since my theme is pretty much grey/black I went ahead with the tint.
Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1E1E6271-B749-4788-9F62-CD75BFD5A26D
Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 74CA4F0B-D268-48A3-BA51-EE3DD02CECF2
Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1C82C93F-FB8D-45CF-BC97-3A33159A9613
Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 800179FE-E39F-4C02-A239-4923B69DF9FF

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone figured where the puddle,spot, and turn signal wires end on a base they are not at c1400 and can’t seem to find them at c203. Are they just under the dash? Anyone have any wiring plans? 2023 base

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone figured where the puddle,spot, and turn signal wires end on a base they are not at c1400 and can’t seem to find them at c203. Are they just under the dash? Anyone have any wiring plans? 2023 base
The circuits probably aren’t there at all. They should come from the door modules, so I would check there. If they aren’t there, you don’t have them.

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 553A280D-3B13-4F82-85F9-6AA1436C8985
Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 7ED3BFAF-A2BC-493C-A2C4-E62926585AB7

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks I’ll have to and take a look and do some research.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The circuits probably aren’t there at all. They should come from the door modules, so I would check there. If they aren’t there, you don’t have them.

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 7ED3BFAF-A2BC-493C-A2C4-E62926585AB7
Thanks. I may try to use the puddle lamp switches on the new dash switch panel I bought for some external lights up on the mirror housing. Do you know if these have to be enabled with Forscan after I figure out the wiring?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. I may try to use the puddle lamp switches on the new dash switch panel I bought for some external lights up on the mirror housing. Do you know if these have to be enabled with Forscan after I figure out the wiring?
I would assume so, but I’ve never messed with that as mine has mirror lights from the factory. If there are settings, they would most likely be in the PDM and DDM. Maybe even the BCM

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do have to enable them, they are in the DDM and PDM modules in forscan... But the wiring didn't seem to be worth the trouble for those to me, as the last place they actually exist if you don't have them already is actually at the PDM and DDM Modules under the dash..
Sponsored