Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm curious, would the Coyote/10spd bridge the gap enough for the folks wanting a manual?

I feel like that is more likely than the 2.7L/7SPD, since FCA just stuffed a 392 into a JT/JL.
Can I control when it shifts, and will the engine be mechanically connected to the wheels or just hydraulically?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t really care about the 2.7. I just want Sasquatch with a 7-speed. With the crawl gear, 310 ft-lbs will be just fine for me. That said, a manual trans with the 3.5 Raptor engine or a Coyote would be pretty fun.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate it everyone! There's another petition on here for the same thing with a lot more signatures! Be sure to sign it as well!
Not sure if this has been done already..... but there should be a post where the Totals for both of these could be shared. Maybe something like the Countdown Timer was for the release...

@Administrator is there something that you can do? It would be greatly appreciated if you could.

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I signed..... don't want it but trying to be supportive.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
let me add; since the Outer Banks is auto only, the only way to get a manual transmission and high or lux trim level is to pop for a Badlands. that is what? $12K over the base to get the chance to pay even more for a better radio or heated steering wheel?

Upgrading the 2.7 transmission to a manual (and it is an upgrade, we all know it) would open a huge number of extra configurations. I would buy one. As of now, not so much.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Signed! I would love to get my First Edition with a manual.

gk101

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Not sure if this has been done already..... but there should be a post where the Totals for both of these could be shared. Maybe something like the Countdown Timer was for the release...

@Administrator is there something that you can do? It would be greatly appreciated if you could.
I'm not sure how to do that but the count is at 99/100

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I signed. I really want the V6 but could almost settle for the 4 with mods. But no manual on the squatch does a number on me. I have to get a manual, automatics just make me want to give up on enjoying driving. The highest trim I might be able to afford is the Black Diamond, but it only comes with a rear locker. The jalopnik article I just read said that non locker front diffs are aluminum and lockers get iron. I dont want to be stuck with a weak diff because I got a manual instead of upgrading to the squatch. Unless ford offers gearing, lockers, and lift for 35s as individual options Im kind of SOL.

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
every manufacturer gets roasted for not having a manual but in reality a very small % of buyers opt for this option.

If you ran a company would you make a product that you know you can't sell?

Ford and every other manufacturer wants to be able to sell their products.

I know this upsets the enthusiast but if Ford provided a manual for 2.7L with an up charge of 10K would you pay for it?
Of course you are right - MTs make up a low percent of vehicle sales; 6.7% of new vehicle sales in 2010, according to Jalopnik, and I'm sure that number has dropped over the last ten years.
https://jalopnik.com/6-7-of-vehicles-sold-in-u-s-have-manual-transmissions-5694777

But Ford went ahead anyway and put a MT in the Bronco (so we are not talking about convincing Ford to offer a MT). Why go to that trouble, and engage in the additional manufacturing cost, and instead of using a slightly more robust MT, they use the Getrag 7-speed that maxs out at 400 lb./ft. of torque? It would have cost marginally more to use a more robust MT instead - one that could have been used with both the 2.3 and the 2.7. The increased cost (i.e. the difference in cost between the Getrag and some other MT) would not have been that much, and no where near 10K. So why bother with a MT that can only be paired with the 2.3? Furthermore, you can't pair the Sasquatch package with the MT even if you have the 2.3. It doesn't make sense to me.

The Getrag 7-speed is new. I don't know if it was developed with any input from Ford, or if Getrag developed it on their own, and later Ford came calling. But it isn't necessary for Ford to develop an all new MT just for the 2.7 - there are robust MTs out there already. Here is just one example:
https://www.motorator.com/blog/general-automotive/rsg-tranzilla-tremec-6-speed-conversion/
Sponsored