First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting the Badlands Sasquatch but am not too stoked on the silver (correct me if I'm wrong) beauty rings on the rims. I like the black painted beauty rings on the WT and FE much better.

My question is, how easy would it be to remove my silver beauty rings and paint them black or a different color for added customization? If it can be done, does anyone know what kind of paint would be best to use for something like this?

Just bored and thinking about my Bronco and how I can make easy DIY customizations when I get it.

Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is very easy to do. If you plan to ride it hard and may get some curb/rock rash, I would hit it with a rattle can so you can touch it up easily.

If you are not worried about the paint coming off the beauty rings, have them powder coated and they’ll look great and be very durable.

I am leaving mine as the stock warm alloy for a while and will probably have them powder coated Carbonized Gray to match the top and grille if I get bored or decide I don’t like it.

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are very easy to remove. Just take them off, clean them up, and use automotive spray paint. Done deal.
I am sure Ford or some aftermarket seller will have direct swaps you can buy if you want.
Personally, I am looking for someone that wants my gray grill in exchange for their black one.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is offering these in other colors as accessories. Orange red and blue. They aren't available yet to order with your bronco.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's something your local powdercoat shop will be able to knock out pretty easily. They unbolt right off and I'd recommend powdercoat over paint for durability purposes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jakebadlands

jakebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the input! Will definitely have to powdercoat and paint mine now. That cyber orange color might also look pretty badass on the beauty ring as it matches the interior trim/stitching and badlands decal colors.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone with more knowledge can correct me but I don't believe you would be able to powder coat them cyber orange. You would have to choose a color they have that is close. Also the actual cyber orange paint has some kind of secondary coat or something mixed in. The powder coated rings would not reflect light the same at all.

Painting then yourself would be the same, where you would just have to find something close. You could get pretty close I bet.

You can have them painted to the actual color. It will be expensive though. Maybe a paint shop could do it for cheaper if you set something up and waited until they had to do a car the same color but that could be a long time.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the input! Will definitely have to powdercoat and paint mine now. That cyber orange color might also look pretty badass on the beauty ring as it matches the interior trim/stitching and badlands decal colors.
Powder coating comes in limited colors and can't be paint matched. If you want paint match then you'll have to have them painted.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Didn’t we just talk about this a couple days ago? 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
jakebadlands

jakebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figured! Was just pointing out that if Ford released other colors later on as @brocotect mentioned, the orange color would be a neat idea.

Powder coating comes in limited colors and can't be paint matched. If you want paint match then you'll have to have them painted.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get pretty damn close trying to color match with powdercoat. There's a lot more range of colors available than there used to be. Active Orange (the actual orange used in the interior of the Badlands and its badge) isn't a metallic tri-coat and would be easier to match as well.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, and no, in that they can color match powder coat, but they may not be able to match the sheen or reflective nature of the same material as a painted fender for instance, but they can get awfully close as I have done myself several times.

In my hobby time I powder coat computer chassis at times, mostly in my garage myself, but I have worked with powder coat suppliers in the US and when I was in NZ to match exact color codes for automotive paints. If they cant hit it exactly, if it wasnt lined up literally on top, you wouldnt know and with a beauty ring, this wont be right next to the same panel.

Agreed though, I like the black rings on the WT I ordered more than the silver rings. But also as questioned and mentioned, pretty easy to change.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am looking for someone that wants my gray grill in exchange for their black one.
Is the Badlands grill gray or black? The reason I ask, on my computers the grill looks gray compared to all the other grills. I'm guessing the Build & Price color is off on the Badlands model.
Sponsored