Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is the best modification that you have made to your Bronco that you think others would also enjoy? For me it is easy, I added 6.5 inch back speakers. SSV Works has a rear pod replacement that converts the rear speakers to 6.5 inch Kicker speakers. I then added 4 inch Kicker speakers to the front dashboard. This has greatly improved the sound quality. Also, it was a super easy install, since they are plug and play on the rear speaker pod swap.
amp research powersteps on my 23 4 dr Outerbanks Sasquatch

MTWiley23

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Terrific thread- love seeing all the mods!

After several dozen individual mods, not sure I can say any one is the "best". Probably get the most compliments on the XPel Stealth PPF and Fender Flare Kit from KBD. BroncBuster Tie Rod Braces & BroncBushing give me the most peace of mind. Auto Start/Stop Eliminator alleviated my biggest annoyance. Have a personal soft spot for the Pre-Runner Bar from TCBronco.
Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? E39C7080-2525-44AB-93E1-47CF2E6D307B

OP
OP
Brian514

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EDIT: Didn't realize at first you were talking about struts for the soft top. Yes, those should have been factory OEM. Struts for the hood:

I didn't do the IAG version, but I agree the struts are great. It's nice not to have a rod in the way when the hood is up. Plus, it's got a nice, smooth raise, and it's easy to lower as well. It's not my #1 mod, but it is worth it for anyone that goes under the hood, even if it's to hook up the air compressor.
Terrific thread- love seeing all the mods!

After several dozen individual mods, not sure I can say any one is the "best". Probably get the most compliments on the XPel Stealth PPF and Fender Flare Kit from KBD. BroncBuster Tie Rod Braces & BroncBushing give me the most peace of mind. Auto Start/Stop Eliminator alleviated my biggest annoyance. Have a personal soft spot for the Pre-Runner Bar from TCBronco.
Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? E39C7080-2525-44AB-93E1-47CF2E6D307B
Sweet! Those fender flares look so cool!

Sponsored

MTWiley23

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sweet! Those fender flares look so cool!
Thanks @Brian514. I was sold on the squared off retro look of this kit. I actually opted to get them painted to match the texture on the hard top, which I'm glad I did. All in, $700 well spent.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine is actually getting better MPGs with the tune. Now that the speedo is correct to the larger tire size, I am getting 17.6 MPGs out of the 2.7. That is better than before when I had the stock 33" tires on it. Only downside is the need to run premium fuel, but I was already doing that. I will carry a can of race-gas with me just incase I am at a fuel stop that does not have premium.
Wouldn't it be easier and safer than carrying 5 gallons of fuel with you and your family, to carry the tuner with you and temporarily return the tune to factory if you don't find premium?

Jphpsurf

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 chevy silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Badlands script badge!

20230409_084451.jpg

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wouldn't it be easier and safer than carrying 5 gallons of fuel with you and your family, to carry the tuner with you and temporarily return the tune to factory if you don't find premium?
You're already carrying at least 17gal of it with you and your family regardless.
Mounting a jerry can or two isn't unsafe, tons of Jeeps and Broncos have been doing it for ages.

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Imagination. Tommy Bronc

Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Being a base, probably wheel swap as it drastically changes the look. If not that the FP tune.

I can’t believe there are people who get the tune and run 87 and completely negate the actual tune lol.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is actually getting better MPGs with the tune. Now that the speedo is correct to the larger tire size, I am getting 17.6 MPGs out of the 2.7. That is better than before when I had the stock 33" tires on it. Only downside is the need to run premium fuel, but I was already doing that. I will carry a can of race-gas with me just incase I am at a fuel stop that does not have premium.
premium actually isn't required.
the tune backs off performance if running lesser than 93 octane with no ill effects.

worst case, it behaves like the standard tune on 87

D&O

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2021 F150 / 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not true. The tune adjusts to the octane rating depending on the fuel detected. You can use 87 but you won't have the performance advantages of using 92+
Please don't listen to this idiot. The Ford Performance Tune literature states "Any failures associated with the non-use of premium fuel will be ineligible for warranty repair"

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak