HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With so many different combinations of Bronco, what made you pick the one you did to order? For example, I really wanted to order a Wildtrack but do not care for the interior tu-tone leather and don't want cloth. I went with the Badlands SAS because I wanted the marine vinyl seats and my wife likes the orange trim (she went to Oklahoma State). I like solid interiors so I like the all black of the Badlands SAS with the high package. I intend to lift it and put wheels and 37's on it but that is me. The HOSS 3.0 would have been sweet but can't get it on the Badlands which is weird (unless they have changed something)? It still puzzles me why you can get some things on some models but not on the others. What made some of you get a Black Diamond or Big Bend or even a Base? Was it that you just wanted a Bronco or just a base because you intend to get crazy with it and make it a crawler (not mall crawler lol) or what? I of course as some of you know am a service manager at a Ford store so I see all sorts of different combos.

If it has been asked already I apologize but just curious as to what made you build what you built from the factory?
Sponsored

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like you, I originally reserved a Wildtrak but was sorta turned off by the interior details (two-tone tan seating, etc.). I also preferred the Badlands marine grade vinyl interior, rock rails, sway bar disconnect and steel rear bumper. The only change I would've liked from the factory is getting the grille painted in Black instead of the Carbonized gray. If I had to do it all over, I would stick with the Badlands Sasquatch.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted a two door with MGV with a minimum of the high package, but would accept lux. The OBX is the model that meets my driving requirements, however, the interior options were not to my liking, and the standard model was to pedestrian in appearance. I would have had to option the Sasquatch with an OBX to get the look, but still have to settle for interiors that I didn’t like. Can’t get the high package in the BD, so once all the beans were counted, a standard BL was the winner. Will I ever use the disconnect bar? Nope. Is it the model that met all my wants? Oh yeah!

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I probably would have gone with Outer Banks anyway, because I’m getting a daily driver / pavement Princess, but the Roast seems to be the only brown leather available, and AFAIK, it’s only available on OBX.

Paughco

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Snoqualmie Valley, Washington, USA, Planet Earth
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 XLT and 2022 Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was getting time to replace my trusty old 2001 F-150. I decided on a Bronco. After watching tons of death-defying Bronco videos on YouTube, I considered what I wanted to do with my as yet unordered Bronco. Basically, same as with my F-150: driving to the store, the occasional road trip. I wanted to be able to drive in the occasional snow that falls here in Pugetropolis, and maybe using 4WD to get up the bumpy road into the Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club range, or the occasional washboard mountain road, such as FS25 between Mt. St. Helens and White Salmon. Looked like the Outer Banks fit the bill, and had the options I wanted. I ordered an OBX with the Lux package, the upgrade 4WD, 2.7, and the hard top. Carbon grey with the black and tan leather. Picked it up last Friday. Very happy with my choice.

Seeya
ATB

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I originally spec’d a two door OBX 2.7 Lux non Sasquatch with rear locker, figuring I’d swap wheels/tires to be more off road capable and add Katzkin cooled/heated seats (Big miss by Ford) but switched to a Badlands Lux non Sasquatch after going to the Offroadeo. I’m still waiting on that to be built but in the meantime an OBX with high, non Sasquatch, tow, cloth, advanced 4x4 came available.
I was going with the Badlands for the relative low up charge for the off road capability (front, rear lockers, all-terrain tires) though it’ll see mild to intermediate trails and I won’t rock crawl it.
The more I drive the OBX and customize it, the more I doubt I’ll swap it when the badlands finally arrives.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Budget. I ended up buying a base model because I could get more of what I wanted for less money than buying a Big Bend like the 2.7L, mod bumper and some interior accessories.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with Wildtrak because it has the upper tier items as standard, plus I like the all black wheels, grill and emblem. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like the two tone interior, That's what makes the world go around, that we all like something different.:)

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond,2.7 Auto Trans,Hard Top,Mid Pkg.,Part Time Transfer Case.
I'm not a real fancy kind of guy.
Wish that the M210 front axle was a stand alone option though.

Sponsored

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Marine grade vinyl and 360 camera were my prerequisites for my first ever new vehicle, decidedly a bronco. Would have gone black diamond, but unavailable with 360 cam. Defaulted to badlands. Will probably never use sway bar disconnect. Will probably catch crap for daily driving badlands.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021MY Base Badlands was basically my only option to get what I wanted...7MT, 4.70 gears, F&R lockers, stay-bar disco, MGV

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands Squatch w/ High pkg. 2.7 Auto because:
Sway bar disco
Front/rear lockers
Beefier front axle
stock with 35's
Washout interior and weather-resistant seating.
Steel bumpers with the Mod bumper up front.
Aux switches and aux interior lighting.
360 cameras

I am not easy on mine and frequently take it off-road. Not once has it made it back home semi-clean. Having the ability to hose down and then wipe down the interior was a must.
So it was either BD or BL.
After years of crawling under my rigs to disconnect the swaybar, I was enticed heavily by the ability to push a button and have it work.
Granted the BL w/Squatch was what fit my desire, out of the gate, covered by warranty.

If were looking for sheer value and ability it make it like I want, and have ample funds and time to wrench on it, the Base 2.3 Manual is the ticket. Seriously considering one of those to be my next purchase.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Initially, I was considering OBX, 2.7, SAS, MIC, MOD, LUX, Tow w/leather. Once the Hoss 3.0 option was available with a beefier front end, decided to move on the WT. Icing on the cake for me is the AGM color with the two-tone tan Leather. Blue exterior & Tan interior a much better look for me!

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with Wildtrak because it has the upper tier items as standard, plus I like the all black wheels, grill and emblem. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like the two tone interior, That's what makes the world go around, that we all like something different.:)
Same reason I went with the Wildtrack. I didn't know that the cloth seats would be digital camo or whatever. Normally for me that's an instant turnoff as I'm not a fan of all the tacticool d-bags running around these days, but honestly it fits the look of the truck (EG color may help here) and I like it.

If I had an unlimited time and money budgets, I'd leave the WT stock for a fun family option. Then buy a 2-door base (maybe badlands with the washout floors) and build it up to be a straight toy for me. Maybe someday, but right now that's not the case and the 4-door WT allows me to have a good bit of both worlds.
Sponsored