Sponsored

[ POLL ] What Grade Of Gas Are You Using In Your Bronco?

What Grade Of Fuel Do You Use In Your Bronco???

• Total voters

thrillswills

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you ask him to explain how changing your oil more frequently can hurt your engine performance? This makes no sense to me.
You should only go 10k miles if you are running synthetic oil, IMO, and Ford is not putting synthetic in at the factory.

As far as gas, I run 89 (Mid) in every engine I own. It's a blend of 87 and 91/93, so you get some of the premium additives from the 91/93 gas, and at least in my area, save some money.

In my small engines (leaf blower/tractors...), the 89 is great. I used to have starting issues if they have been sitting a while, but after using only 89, 2-3 pulls and it's going.
Sorry, I should have chosen my words more wisely. Its not that it hurts performance per se, it just takes longer to break the engine in. Generally it takes 10k miles for it to clean itself out and get collected by the filter. That’s because these newer engines are so much more efficient with dissipating energy. I’m not claiming to be an expert here, if anything I’m the furthest from it, but from what I’ve been told the best thing to do is follow the computer in the vehicle. That said, to each their own.
Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked my rig up yesterday and dealer said he put in “regular”, which here in Arizona == 87. Because gas is … not cheap these days … I’m probably going to follow the 87 for mall crawling (lol sorry) and around town, and hit 91 when i’m headed out to play in the dirt on the weekends. She feels torquey as hell right now on the 87 but I’ve only 11 miles on her so taking it easy for now.

For oil changes; service guy I met yesterday (mike from camelback ford) said 5K first service - anything earlier is just wasting money with these new bullets.

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am used to putting 87 in my Challenger, so I put that in the Bronco as well. Just... used to it...

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Costco only has 87 and 91 anyway. And with California having $5+ per gallon prices (It just recently came down to something "reasonable") I save whenever I can with 87.

It's funny... Reasonable gas prices in California are still like double to everyone else. I get excited when I see gas close to $4.

Went to Oregon last year, Cross an imaginary line, and gas dropped $1 a gallon AND people actually pumped it for you!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've used regular on every fill up except 1 but have only put gas in it about 5 times.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m sure many will disagree, but I’ve always been told and I’ve always used the highest octane in all my cars. 92 or 93 depending on where I lived. Runs cleaner, no knocking. Had zero engine issues in any of my cars over the years. I will continue to use the highest level octane available at the pump. The difference is a cost of a beer every time you feel up. Your engine will thank you. 🤙

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m sure many will disagree, but I’ve always been told and I’ve always used the highest octane in all my cars. 92 or 93 depending on where I lived. Runs cleaner, no knocking. Had zero engine issues in any of my cars over the years. I will continue to use the highest level octane available at the pump. The difference is a cost of a beer every time you feel up. Your engine will thank you. 🤙
cost of a beer? its almost 2 dollars more a gallon times 15 gallons or so a week, around 1500 bucks a year or more. not sure what you pay for a beer? love to know who told you to put 92 in all your cars. lol,not my money,burn it if you want

Sponsored

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

93 in my 2.7.
Didn't buy this vehicle for fuel savings :ROFLMAO:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

cost of a beer? its almost 2 dollars more a gallon times 15 gallons or so a week, around 1500 bucks a year or more. not sure what you pay for a beer? love to know who told you to put 92 in all your cars. lol,not my money,burn it if you want
I’v been told by many mechanics and at racing school by their instructors.

Here in Oregon, it’s ~$3.69 for premium and ~$3.12 for standard. A delta of 0.57…. Costco.

57 cents x 16.9g (two-door empty) = $9.64.

So, sorry, cost of a 20oz beer. 🍺
Sponsored