Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The octane number has nothing to do with the quality of the gas. The brand is the determining factor. Have experimented with 87 vs 91 and didn't notice any performance difference and the minimal mpg improvement wasn't worth expense. Also, I have seen higher altitude areas like eastern Idaho and others where reg is 85 and premium is 89. Here, 91 is the highest available.
It most certainly makes a difference if you have a tune on a car. When I lived in MD, nearly every station had 92 as its highest octane and I noticed it when I tried running it. That was enough for me to just stay with Sunoco, plus I got an extra .5 cents off each gallon using their gas card, which was a plus.

It might not be as apparent on a standard tune car because the knock sensors will pull timing if the octane isn't high enough.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, Car and Driver did a test on Premium vs regular fuel a few years ago and one of the vehicles tested was a F150.

Ford Bronco Gas Grade Poll.  Regular or Premium Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.29.52 AM

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of my cars are premium required or recommended, that's all I run.
Sponsored