First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This stupid question is getting really old on this site.
How is this a stupid question? How long has the bronco been around ? Thought this website was meant to gain knowledge and let others know their experiences good or bad.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO ethanol has no other purpose than to extend the amount of gas used in the states. There's really isn't advantages to it other than that. You will get better gas mileage from ethanol free, but the added cost of straight gas (which I really don't understand) will negate any added mpgs. I figure if the manufacturer says I can run regular ethanol gas, and everything will be fine, that's what I'll run. In my case my butt dyno cannot feel any difference in the power when using 93 octane. But, that may be just me. It's really what someones preference is when it comes to the gas they run.

My thoughts are that corn should be used for food, not fuel. :)
Ethanol was a more environmentally friendly additive that was focused on emissions as a replacement for MTBE (caused acid rain and had other negative environmental impacts). After about 5% (from memory?) it is entirely a political pay off to farmers and corn belt politicians, causing more emissions and net increased crude consumption, as it takes more oil to plant, harvest process, blend and deliver the ethanol than it replaces.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Premium so far. Locally all of our premium is 93.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was in Oklahoma the other day and gassed up on the way home, place I stopped at had 87, 87, 89, 91 and 105. I think one of the 87ā€™s was a premium blend, but they offered two. I use 87.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You guys going basic gas or using premium when you fill up?
Premium fuel. The best available. Max 91 where I live Hopefully 95 soon. Like phone data, ā€œam I over?ā€ Life is too short to clutter your mind with such minutia. A Bronco is not a save the planet endeavour. There are vehicles for that niche. Performance, engine longevity, smile factor all argue for best octane (cleanest burning) hydrocarbons.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to beat a dead horse, but ā€œpremiumā€ fuel via octane rating is no better, cleaner burning or more fuel efficient. Octane is a measure of resistance to pre-ignition. Typically you can run higher compression, more turbo boost or advance the timing early on the compression stroke with a higher octane fuel. That can produce more power, depending on the engine and engine controls or destroy and engine through detonation. The Bronco produces more power via engine controls (adding boost and changing the ignition and I assume camshaft timing). The other changes people report are primarily psychological.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is what our driveway looks like right now. We had the Mach E long before the Wildtrak and yes we are splitting time between the two.

20220312_102854.jpg
Was this picture taken at Christmas or do you still have your Christmas lights and decorations up?

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ethanol was a more environmentally friendly additive that was focused on emissions as a replacement for MTBE (caused acid rain and had other negative environmental impacts). After about 5% (from memory?) it is entirely a political pay off to farmers and corn belt politicians, causing more emissions and net increased crude consumption, as it takes more oil to plant, harvest process, blend and deliver the ethanol than it replaces.
Sounds similar to mining the lithium for the eco-nerds precious overweight batteries. šŸ¤£

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not to beat a dead horse, but ā€œpremiumā€ fuel via octane rating is no better, cleaner burning or more fuel efficient. Octane is a measure of resistance to pre-ignition. Typically you can run higher compression, more turbo boost or advance the timing early on the compression stroke with a higher octane fuel. That can produce more power, depending on the engine and engine controls or destroy and engine through detonation. The Bronco produces more power via engine controls (adding boost and changing the ignition and I assume camshaft timing). The other changes people report are primarily psychological.
NJ racetracks in Millville sold 110 octane and we were getting 7 mpg.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If Iā€™m not mistaken, the use of E85 will void your warranty.
Fuck that damn warranty! Some of us don't care about that, I mean it doesn't affect our choice to mod something or do something. The warranty is in not a restriction or guideline for me in any way.

I get that some people want to worry that Ford won't cover stuff, but I'm the type that doesn't focus on the unknown!

Do you actually think when Ford gets a engine in with a bad valve they check the ethanol ratio in the fuel? Hahaha!

What exactly are you worried about happening that a few more percent of ethanol is going to some how be destructive? Not to mention even measurable?

Why worry?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Running premium since first fillup, it's 90 octane here.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

93 in tank since day one. And for me, boubom