HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It isn't weird at all that HOSS 3.0 isn't on the Badlands, they had to differentiate the Badlands & Wildtrak. The BL is built for slow speed rock crawling which wouldn't require the more superior suspensions a Wildtrak would need for high speed off-roading to stay stable. I decided on the a Wildtrak because 2-3 times a year in the winters I hit up the snow trails in Canada during my annual ice fishing trips. It's wonderful that Ford offered all these trims keeping the customers in mind, unfortunately most soccer moms with too much money will be buying BLs & Wildtraks when they should be driving the Outerbanks.
I find it odd to that the 3.0 system wasn't on the BL standard too since it has everything else already.

I thought the "Baja" mode wasn't standard on the BL or so I thought I read on here somewhere that someone said they had to use the Forscan to add it, mine has it when I went through the screens. I could have also had a few too many Tito's and read it wrong though lol.
Sponsored

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I find it odd to that the 3.0 system wasn't on the BL standard too since it has everything else already.

I thought the "Baja" mode wasn't standard on the BL or so I thought I read on here somewhere that someone said they had to use the Forscan to add it, mine has it when I went through the screens. I could have also had a few too many Tito's and read it wrong though lol.
Man to be honest, I currently have a 2.3 big bend with the 4.27 ratio with rear diff, I was flying up & down these snow trails on 285/75 (34s) & it more then held its own, can't wait to feel the fox's in action. Yes I was a bit confused regarding the Baja mode on the BL as well, someone had said the rock crawl isn't on the Wildtrak, do you know?

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man to be honest, I currently have a 2.3 big bend with the 4.27 ratio with rear diff, I was flying up & down these snow trails on 285/75 (34s) & it more then held its own, can't wait to feel the fox's in action. Yes I was a bit confused regarding the Baja mode on the BL as well, someone had said the rock crawl isn't on the Wildtrak, do you know?
Man I don't know but when I see one in the shop I will scroll through the screens!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands has every mode but Sport mode by default. Sport mode can be enabled with FOR[d]Scan (not really sure why the makers thought they couldn't include the "d" :) ).

Sport mode was a novelty I tried once, but it's not really something I can find a use for with the Badlands. It was mostly FOMO that I added it. I think it would be better if Ford offered a screen in Settings that allowed us to pick which GOAT modes we wanted to be able to choose from with the selector. Maybe it could block out the ones that don't make sense if the hardware isn't present.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with my 2 door manual badlands non squatch because I wanted the equivalent to a 2 door rubicon. I weighed the choices between the black diamond and the badlands, but I figured since I planned to use it off road I wanted all the extras should I need them or want to try out more complicated trails that may require them. The price difference in a black diamond and badlands wasn't enough of a difference for me to downgrade when I was already getting the full price protections and D-plan. I opted out of sasquatch because I figured 33s were probably good enough for most of my uses for the time being, and I can always swap 35s with no other modifications should I want or need them.

Last year in Colorado and Moab by badlands performed flawlessly without a hitch, and I'll be doing the trip again in June. It's a beast in the snow as well, which is great for where I live.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands has every mode but Sport mode by default. Sport mode can be enabled with FOR[d]Scan (not really sure why the makers thought they couldn't include the "d" :) ).

Sport mode was a novelty I tried once, but it's not really something I can find a use for with the Badlands. It was mostly FOMO that I added it. I think it would be better if Ford offered a screen in Settings that allowed us to pick which GOAT modes we wanted to be able to choose from with the selector. Maybe it could block out the ones that don't make sense if the hardware isn't present.
Ah! That's what it was I guess, sport mode! One of my techs here has the Forscan and we were going to play with it and I thought I had read it was Baja but I guess it was Sport Mode. I don't think Bronco and the word "sport" go together. So funny a 2.7 in a 150 will scoot for what it is but the 2.7 in the Bronco even before the 37's my wife makes fun of me and says now it's as fast as her old Accord 4cyl lol.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This a DD for me. And I really wanted leather & high package (360 camera and 12" screen) -- so that meant OBX, BL, or WT. But it was getting spendy (most I've ever spent on a car), so I went OBX but stupidly didn't add the locker or 4A (hence missing the 4.27 gearing) to save a few bucks (and because I didn't have any experience with off-roading, which I've since grown to appreciate).

Now I've regretted those cuts (plus, I skipped MIC to avoid delays last year), and I've ordered a WildTrak.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The features I wanted that couldn’t be added after purchase helped push me into the Outer Banks, I was able to get everything I wanted and stay within my budget. For example I wanted the 12” screen, 360 cameras, v6, added the rear locker and gearing so when I get the rims and tires I want I will have no issues. I think if I had a do over I maybe would have went with a Badlands with high package, but I will say I love my Bronco just not the butt ugly wheels.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rowdie

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titelist
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basically the vehicles in the running were a really nice (performance?) four seater golf cart which no one seems to make what I had in mind, a Mazda Miata which the wife vetoed, a normally aspirated Porsche Boxster S, which I might still get if the right one comes up for sale, guards red/tan, pdk, ac seats, sports plus a big plus. So naturally a hot pepper red, base, two door manual was the obvious choice.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a pretty expensive build so, in the end, they all end up being pretty capable. I went OBX because of the interior. And I went SAS so I could do some off roading. Everyone says great things about the car whether on the road or on the trail. Super happy with my choice.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door, with the 7 speed manual transmission were the first priorities.

That eliminated a few choices right there.

after that it was just a couple other things I wanted. MGV seats, and the mid package with the auxiliary switches.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted something basic that I wouldn't feel bad roughing up off-road & didn't need financing for. I've got the family lexus cars for any car luxuries.

Mandatories for me were: rear locker & signature lighting package. Ended up with my big bend 7MT with those options.

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was the first one available that met my qualifications... 2 door, mid pkg, any color but black, silver or grey under 50k
Sponsored