Sponsored

Sleeping Inside 2dr - Anyone with experience?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because the seats pushed forward are at a 45, I was able to gain a few inches in length for my head by stacking a Xtra blanket and pillow behind the passenger seat. This allows me to lay flat, straight not sideways, but at an incline with my head higher than my feet.

20220209_112536~2.jpg
Two questions:

What is that net between the seats?

Did you thread the holes in the room bar? Mine are just empty, non-threaded holes.
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Two questions:

What is that net between the seats?

Did you thread the holes in the room bar? Mine are just empty, non-threaded holes.
The net is available from Ford, I think they called it a pet barrier

The holes are there, they are the seat belt-bolt holes...mine go all the way through. But they are only threaded on the inside...so I tapped the other side m10 1.5 I think.

20220127_091825.jpg

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some of us dont want rear seats. And I'm not using plywood anywhere in my Bronco.
I dig that, part of my original plan was to do the rear seat delete and looked at the Goose platform. I occasionally have friends to ride with and decided to keep the seats. I have plans for a sliding platform made with T-Slot aluminum and marine plastic sheets. Just don't have a garage any longer. The Goose Gear stuff looks great, but I think I can get a platform that will slide out for sleeping and use as a table for about a third of their list. (The Goose stuff uses plywood, just really good plywood.)

Pony Collector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did a search and only found one thread with some brief discussion and some measurements. But the measurements were to the folded seat, not with a seat delete and the passenger/driver seats fully forward. I'm curious if anyone has utilized something like the Goose Gear setup to successfully sleep in the back of a 2 door. I take delivery in a few weeks, otherwise I wold have gotten the tape measure out myself. Any thoughts?

https://www.goose-gear.com/products...e-for-ford-bronco-2021-present-6th-gen-2-door
Here is the answer!
https://deepsleepoverland.com/colle...EnvPHcKKraLFiAa6o6xurt981kwwOIuAaAoUyEALw_wcB

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Daemione

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 2-door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My input after sleeping in mine for 2 weeks - remove the rear seats, remove the passenger seat, and then use the two rear seat bottoms to "pad" up where the passenger seat was. That'll give you an almost totally flat surface that's about 6' long. A camping pad and a yoga mat, and it was fairly comfortable. Would not recommend for couples unless the 2nd person is really small and you're both extremely frugal packers.

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

VentureBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Sleeping Inside 2dr - Anyone with experience? 69069577432__F5D17AF4-A539-41FE-BCC5-D4EFE121E929
I

I removed the 2 rear seats, made the same 3/4ā€ solid platform that there are tons of threads on here about. Carpeted it. Then I got a trifold 4ā€ thick memory foam mattress mattress (cuz Iā€™m getting older , and comfort is more of a need & priority at this point in my life šŸ¤Ŗ)

with the passenger seat laid forward, itā€™s actually comfy.

my home built platform is currently not raised upā€¦ but im Thinking of raising it up about 4-5ā€.

Iā€™ve slept in this configuration with me and my dog (25 lb. Mini-Aussie shepherd) for about 40+ nights. No complaints from either of us. šŸ˜œ. I did it like this cuz it seemed easier than dealing with tents, and I can pop in and out of dispersed camping or camp sight spots easy.

even though the trifold mattress takes up some space, itā€™s less gear space overall with the gear required to be comfy in a tent for me. And waaaaay cheaper than a rooftop tent, which I thought I wanted until I realized the costs involved.

Ford Bronco Sleeping Inside 2dr - Anyone with experience? IMG_9463

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My input after sleeping in mine for 2 weeks - remove the rear seats, remove the passenger seat, and then use the two rear seat bottoms to "pad" up where the passenger seat was. That'll give you an almost totally flat surface that's about 6' long. A camping pad and a yoga mat, and it was fairly comfortable. Would not recommend for couples unless the 2nd person is really small and you're both extremely frugal packers.
Makes me wonder if the just the passenger seat back can be removed instead of the entire seat? Then you wouldn't have to tote around the rear seat bottoms to "pad" up where the passenger seat bottom was.

VentureBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was the trifold mattress I got off Amazon.
No complaints from me on it, but Iā€™m not really picky. I really like it.

bedluxury 4 Inch Tri Folding Mattress Single Bed with Storage Bag, Foldable Memory Foam Topper Portable Floor Guest Bed with Removable Bamboo Cover, Breathable Washable https://a.co/d/97KVdpY

I got the 4ā€ Single.

VentureBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Makes me wonder if the just the passenger seat back can be removed instead of the entire seat? Then you wouldn't have to tote around the rear seat bottoms to "pad" up where the passenger seat bottom was.
or just use a nice storage bin type thing where the passenger seat was as a platform extension , and useful storage for gear . ?
Sponsored