Sponsored

Sleeping Inside 2dr - Anyone with experience?

OP
OP
BuckyTheBronco

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to remove my rear seats, but there are times when I take a 3rd person with me. I really wish they just folded flat...
Goose Gear actually makes a single seat delete option I was looking at.
https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...en-2-door-second-row-seat-delete-plate-system

Then you could keep that third seat. I'm still waiting for word how long it is if you push the passenger seat all the way forward. I'm thinking you MIGHT be able to get 6'! Wishful thinking

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goose Gear actually makes a single seat delete option I was looking at.
https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...en-2-door-second-row-seat-delete-plate-system

Then you could keep that third seat. I'm still waiting for word how long it is if you push the passenger seat all the way forward. I'm thinking you MIGHT be able to get 6'! Wishful thinking
I’m essentially a human shaped soup after my 14 hour drive into a crazy winter storm, but here are a couple pictures of my set up. Half load floor leveler is on the driver side. I have bungees and jumper cables stored below it.

Better pictures and explanation in this thread:https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diy-half-load-floor-level.32158/

Ford Bronco Sleeping Inside 2dr - Anyone with experience? BC27D0B0-A665-4316-80F1-1C952B97CD8D
Ford Bronco Sleeping Inside 2dr - Anyone with experience? 5196528C-8926-4326-8DD9-C31432D5F20F

OP
OP
BuckyTheBronco

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to remove my rear seats, but there are times when I take a 3rd person with me. I really wish they just folded flat...
Took one seat out as soon as I got it home. I have a couple of trips this spring and summer for 3 people, so I'm leaving one in for now. I'm just using a horse stall mat to make the cargo area one solid surface. Not sure if the one seat will stay or not, but getting rid of one definitely gains needed cargo space.

This is what I'm using to cover the area: 4 ft. x 6 ft. x 3/4 in. Thick Rubber Stall Mat at Tractor Supply Co.

I'm a backpacker and sleep in tents, I'm sure I could sleep in the Bronco if I need to, but prefer a tent.

Last edited:

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for taking the time after that drive to post! Out of curiosity have you slept back there?
Not yet, but probably will tomorrow or the next night. Will update. I’ve laid down and proven the concept to myself at least but never tried to get a full night’s sleep.

Pony Collector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
BuckyTheBronco

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not yet, but probably will tomorrow or the next night. Will update. I’ve laid down and proven the concept to myself at least but never tried to get a full night’s sleep.
So that’s great to hear there is room! Let us know how it goes.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I decided after this past trip. I’m reconfiguring like above. I’ve got so much dust in my bronco right now. I also didn’t like the way I packed. I over packed thinking I’d be at KOH longer then I was.

Sponsored

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Sequoia Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if you're still looking for this info, but here is a good youtuber with a video of him sleeping it and his setup. He does a lot of reviews and has been out and about in his 2dr. 3:15ish starts his unpacking and setting up camp and then his sleeping in it review.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
BuckyTheBronco

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if you're still looking for this info, but here is a good youtuber with a video of him sleeping it and his setup. He does a lot of reviews and has been out and about in his 2dr. 3:15ish starts his unpacking and setting up camp and then his sleeping in it review.

Aww dang, I wish he was in a 2 door!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've slept in my 2dr, but I have the rear seats removed and 2” of foam padding on the floor. Also, only 5'6”, so it wasn't bad with the front seats all the way forward
Sponsored