Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you haven’t seen the other threads, it was claimed to be the front driveshaft. Mine is getting worse and happens more routinely, started over a year ago.
Thanks, I didn’t see that. I ordered a rear one mainly just because that’s what it feels like to me. If that does nothing, I’ll be ordering the front one also.
Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you haven’t seen the other threads, it was claimed to be the front driveshaft. Mine is getting worse and happens more routinely, started over a year ago.
Mine has been doing this also. My front driveshaft is getting replaced next week (not because of the issue but because of recall). Two dealers already told me the issue is normal. I will report back once it’s replaced. To me it feels like the rear.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine has been doing this also. My front driveshaft is getting replaced next week (not because of the issue but because of recall). Two dealers already told me the issue is normal. I will report back once it’s replaced. To me it feels like the rear.
Ya that’s what I was told, normal. Except I drove my Bronco long enough without this thump to know it wasn’t normal, until it was lol.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Actually learned about this at the off-roadeo event, but here's a video explaining (what I think is happening with yours) what they talked about.

1657896583633.png
Is this dude the brother of Dale from Horrible Bosses? I got about 5 seconds in and couldn’t go on.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just an update, I’ve had the new rear driveshaft in for about a week now. I wanted to wait a while just to make sure, but I can confidently say it has completely fixed my thump. Has not happened a single time since the replacement, and it use to happen at almost every stop/go.

That being said, I know there are some reports about front driveshafts also fixing the issue, so it’s totally a possibility that there may be an issue with both. But in my case it was the rear.
@Ksjrb03 @BigfootArea51

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk what the parking break video has to do with getting a slight bump when breaking/accelerating but still good advice.

I started getting that "bump" or "nudge" not long ago. It is pretty random and dosnt happen enough that I have gotten serious about it. The best way to describe it is like a slight push into gear and it usually happens when im accelerating from a stop. and it's only in the low gears, switching between 1-4 and not going fast/low rpms. I have felt it before in my previous vehicles when the vehicle is trying to find the right gear and down/upshifts but the rpms are not ideal. So it drops/throws you into the next gear and it either grabs you or pushes you a bit. I never thought it was a problem and thought it was the Bronco doing just that.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just an update, I’ve had the new rear driveshaft in for about a week now. I wanted to wait a while just to make sure, but I can confidently say it has completely fixed my thump. Has not happened a single time since the replacement, and it use to happen at almost every stop/go.

That being said, I know there are some reports about front driveshafts also fixing the issue, so it’s totally a possibility that there may be an issue with both. But in my case it was the rear.
@Ksjrb03 @BigfootArea51
Awesome. Thanks for the update!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Ksjrb03 @BigfootArea51
any updates on this fix?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting to read this thread. When in Hawaii, I rented a Cyber Orange OBX with about 30k miles on it. This jolt was one of the main things I noticed when comparing my personal 7MT with the rental.

The automatic paired really well with the 2.3 otherwise, loved the rev matching in manual shift mode.

Sponsored

BigfootArea51

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer replaced rear drive shaft on mine for this and now it is fine.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wish the dealer will replace mine instead of always saying it’s normal. I don’t know why they always fight tooth and nail to take care of anything under warranty.

bman3000

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep GC 5.7, 93 Wrangler, 20 Polaris Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty sure I have the same issue. Definitely some slack in the drive line that takes off with a bit of a thud. 37k of fairly hard miles in sport mode. I’ll assume drive shaft for now and keep an eye on it.
I haven’t looked but I’ll assume this is a sealed CV unit? I was able up grade my 5.7 GC to a serviceable u joint style. I’ll be on the look out for that as I imagine the OEM/dealer option will be over priced.
Sponsored