Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A couple of us hit the mountains looking for the fresh couple feet of powder that fell the day before. Blue skies and fresh powder makes for a great wheeling trip.

Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Helpful friends with editing capabilities always help! How did driving on chains feel?

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Helpful friends with editing capabilities always help! How did driving on chains feel?
You can’t really tell the chains are there in the snow. We installed them on a plowed road 1/4 mile away, so you definitely get a rhythmic vibration on the gravel road. It helps to remind you to keep your speed down.

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of us hit the mountains looking for the fresh couple feet of powder that fell the day before. Blue skies and fresh powder makes for a great wheeling trip.

Awesome! I have VERY rural property about an hour and a half west of the Springs. Arrived yesterday to find up to 18” of soft, slippery snow on our gnarly, 220 yard, unpaved, steep uphill driveway. My Ranger UTV got stuck trying to plow it! Our BADLANDS, non-sas in 4L with front and rear lockers engaged made it up fine with no chains. Some sliding which added to the excitement, but chains would have made it way easier, probably safer as well.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I generally don't watch these watch me videos, but had to watch this one...someone else who appreciates the value of tire chains!! Nice job!!

Sponsored

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really great video, looks like an incredible day. What kind of roof rack and boxes are on that bronco?

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
essential recovery gear for snow and mud too! curious did you air down?

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BADDAZZ VIDEO!!!!! All we have is dust in South Central TX. lol.

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

essential recovery gear for snow and mud too! curious did you air down?
My rig is packed with recovery and emergency gear! I usually am aired down and then install chains if needed, since we were going to be pushing snow all day, I kept them aired up to dig better.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think it would have made it without chains (just airing down)?

Which chains do you use? It's not easy finding Sasquatch sized chains.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The answer is maybe. I wheel in the snow often. I usually use chains when it is, or when it is going to turn to ice, especially on steeper slopes.. The video highlights the fun, but there were places we were digging down to and into frozen dirt to keep moving. The chains definitely kept us moving through that. Chains are no fun to install in deep snow, so they go on first and then the day is just fun, outside the occasional shovel work. Typically we are wheeling without chains and just aired down (~12-15psi for me). We had two different types of chains on the Broncos; Square Link and round link. They both do great. Tirechainonline is a great place to get chains, most of our group uses them and their early winter sale to get equipped for the icy slopes we like to traverse during the winter. On the flip side, I grew up in Alaska, since it wasn’t icy very often (just snow), chains weren’t necessary on most trips.

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have Sasquatch tires. I’ve always owned Fords with 4x4. I’ve lived in North Dakota, Santa Fe, Chicago, heavy snow areas. Early Sunday morning I got caught in heavy snow fall, twice, driving from NM->AZ on I-40, could not see the road, it was pitch black. I had to pull off twice. I could hear that I was on the shoulder and I didn’t want to end up in the field. Even saw a Renegade turned off due to visibility. Finally, a semi came by and I followed him. Drove a max of 40 mph for ~70 miles. The G.O.A.T. Snow mode max mph is 25 so I didn’t turn it on. I was disappointed how the bronco handled the slushy roads leading west to Flagstaff , especially when we were able to speed up when the snow slowed down and I was trying to pass semis ( when the sun was rising). I was tempted to go off reading in all that fresh snow but now realize I will need chains. Thanks for the video.

One who waits long time

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Diesel, Road Glide Ultra, Fat Boy, Beta 500 R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really nasty snow will stop my BL SAS with 37 ko2's with full air in only about 6inches. Air down to 5psi and it is like a snow cat. Powder is too easy.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have Sasquatch tires. I’ve always owned Fords with 4x4. I’ve lived in North Dakota, Santa Fe, Chicago, heavy snow areas. Early Sunday morning I got caught in heavy snow fall, twice, driving from NM->AZ on I-40, could not see the road, it was pitch black. I had to pull off twice. I could hear that I was on the shoulder and I didn’t want to end up in the field. Even saw a Renegade turned off due to visibility. Finally, a semi came by and I followed him. Drove a max of 40 mph for ~70 miles. The G.O.A.T. Snow mode max mph is 25 so I didn’t turn it on. I was disappointed how the bronco handled the slushy roads leading west to Flagstaff , especially when we were able to speed up when the snow slowed down and I was trying to pass semis ( when the sun was rising). I was tempted to go off reading in all that fresh snow but now realize I will need chains. Thanks for the video.
Wide tires are your enemy in slush. It's why I am keeping my stock BD tires for winter (33's going on on Wednesday) and then replacing them with dedicated winter tires, likely 265/70-18 on cheap Outer Banks rims when they wear out. The Grabbers are the best-performing non-dedicated snow tire in the winter I have tried.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Great footage! Love seeing everyone get out in the snow before the season ends!
Sponsored