Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check the engine Julian date when you finally receive...maybe engine blew driving it to the train!
That would be great news, actually! Then I don't have to wonder when it will happen! I need to find the thread with those dates....might be the first thing I inspect to decide if I stay or go....

So I know how to search, but dang, cannot find the early threads that identified the engine build dates and the range that has those valves that we know of? Anyone?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That would be great news, actually! Then I don't have to wonder when it will happen! I need to find the thread with those dates....might be the first thing I inspect to decide if I stay or go....

So I know how to search, but dang, cannot find the early threads that identified the engine build dates and the range that has those valves that we know of? Anyone?

Search posts by bronco6g member lucchese....or 2.7 engine failure....lucchese is keeping up with all the ones with blown motors.....they even have spread sheets with Julian dates..mileage and dates of failure....if your engine is getting replace your Julian will probably have something like 22030...meaning 2022 on the 30 th day of year.....u believe u said yours was built in July 21 so original Julian will be like 21100 ...21 year model 100th day .

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Search posts by bronco6g member lucchese....or 2.7 engine failure....lucchese is keeping up with all the ones with blown motors.....they even have spread sheets with Julian dates..mileage and dates of failure....if your engine is getting replace your Julian will probably have something like 22030...meaning 2022 on the 30 th day of year.....u believe u said yours was built in July 21 so original Julian will be like 21100 ...21 year model 100th day .
Also I'm hearing the part number for the engine has changed ...the last 2 letters of engine part number are aa...now I believe is ab....if they make another change it will be ac...that is my understanding but I think everything is just an assumption without any communication from ford

Reactions: Cat

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thx, Calm and VD....exactly what I was looking for and had lost it in the near 100 pages! Glad he put it up front. Now hoping my July 23 build has an early engine, I guess...or that it already blew and got a newer one!

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really? 6 months and not shipped? And no reasons why? When is enough enough?
They aren't saying you have no right to be disappointed. They are saying this is the wrong crowd to voice it to.

For example: some people are perpetually skinny. Unable to gain weight no matter how hard they try. 7000 calorie days? Who cares they gain a pound that is soon lost. This is a legitimate health and appearance concern and definitely warrants all the negative feelings that it causes the person with the problem. All that being said, they probably shouldn't go to a Weight Watchers meeting to complain about their issues.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They aren't saying you have no right to be disappointed. They are saying this is the wrong crowd to voice it to.

For example: some people are perpetually skinny. Unable to gain weight no matter how hard they try. 7000 calorie days? Who cares they gain a pound that is soon lost. This is a legitimate health and appearance concern and definitely warrants all the negative feelings that it causes the person with the problem. All that being said, they probably shouldn't go to a Weight Watchers meeting to complain about their issues.
Well, at least there's a (mostly) compassionate and listening audience here. Comments made to Ford are directed to some dumpster already on fire.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Headsong my eta was bumped 5 weeks and it's already off the train. I have a feeling this last round was automated and we'll get them much sooner.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My date got pushed back... again...

Sponsored

capt2130

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 13 Flex, 08 F350, 76 Bronco, 72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Bronco was reserved 7/13/20. Order date was March 2021. Original build date 11/22/21 moved and finished on 1/31/21. Was shipped 1/13/22. Still waiting for it to arrive.

Ordered a F350 Super Duty 5/6/21. Got confirmation 5/7/21. Haven`t heard a word since.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was funny. What gullible dumb asses we were.
What's really dumb is that I've said I would never ever no not ever do this again with Ford....and considering making a deal with the dealer to just take this one and order a new one so I don't have the problems of the summer builds. Insanity I tell ya.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are other brands besides Ford to consider.
That's the bummer, I am not brand loyal. I just happen to REALLY like the Super Duties .... and Broncos.
I carry a torch for K5 Blazers and Z28's also. LOL!
My Subarus have been good also.

Fucking hate Dodges though.
Sponsored