Sponsored

So does anyone plan on just getting the soft top?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm on the fence for sure. Will need to see final specs/pricing before deciding but leaning towards soft-top. I live in San Diego, so weather is not really an issue.
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW

soonerbronco

Badlands
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping for a one-touch sky top, like my JLU.... money well spent for the convenience of having "both": a soft and a hard top.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll pass on the soft top. After seeing all of the slashed tops on wranglerforums.com, when someone broke into them.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll pass on the soft top. After seeing all of the slashed tops on wranglerforums.com, when someone broke into them.
That's why when I have my soft top and soft doors on my Jeep, I leave it unlocked and nothing inside. Would rather have someone go through the Jeep looking than cut up my top.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be fine with the soft top, my only concern is if we get the plumbing and wiring for the rear washer in case I want a hard top down the road. With the Wrangler you don't get that stuff installed if you only order the soft top and adding it later is a pain from what I read.

If everything is there I'll just the the softy and see how I like it, the ease of opening vs. having to store the panels certainly is a plus and you can button up quickly w/o having to carry the panels around in the back.

I don't have much room in my garage (none actually, would have to move things around quite a bit) to store one or the other.

I'm also waiting to see what the dual top with soft and MIC will cost, the price I saw on the survey is outlandish, but I think it might be the modular hard top in that package? I'll never take the side windows out in the back and I don't want a painted top. Have to wait for B&P to see the options and also wait to see how the soft top actually works.

Where I live I'll never need a hard top for winter, if I hit the snow for a weekend here or there I'm sure the soft top will be just fine.

One of the main reasons to get the Bronco is having a convertible, not having to deal with panels certainly is a plus.

If wiring and plumbing only comes with dual tops I will probably order that and maybe sell the hard top soon after. I hope Ford will include it with either top though.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's why when I have my soft top and soft doors on my Jeep, I leave it unlocked and nothing inside. Would rather have someone go through the Jeep looking than cut up my top.
Thieves aren't smart. This was the case in a few instances where the owners purposely left them unlocked, so they would not be vandalized, but still ended up slashed and broken into, through the soft top.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco soft top looks much better than the Jeep soft top IMO, but doesn’t look like they have plans to offer it for the 2d.

However to me it seems like they’re still working out some kinks with the soft top. We’ve only seen a few pics of it and they’ve all been from far away

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I go Badlands, and I most likely will, I'll go for the soft top. Although I'm wavering between that and the MIC, which I like a lot. Possibly dual tops.

Argh!

The one top that is out of the question for me is the painted modular.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really all 3
If I go Badlands, and I most likely will, I'll go for the soft top. Although I'm wavering between that and the MIC, which I like a lot. Possibly dual tops.

Argh!

The one top that is out of the question for me is the painted modular.
really all 3 tops are in play. I don’t like gray, but prefer MIC to painted, and still may just go soft too only.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't mind the soft top aesthetically.

But I do worry about theft; idiots tearing the top to get in, and the windows yellowing.

A privacy partition over the trunk would alleviate some of that for me.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone seen a vid of the soft top in operation? If it works like Best Top's Ultratop....I might forego the hard top (in white!!)....if it doesn't work like that with one person operation and multi-position, I'll get the hard top and wait for Best Top....

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen a vid of the soft top in operation? If it works like Best Top's Ultratop....I might forego the hard top (in white!!)....if it doesn't work like that with one person operation and multi-position, I'll get the hard top and wait for Best Top....
Supposedly they're working on a video. We've seen it up, down, and with the sunrider open, but we've never seen it being folded or getting the windows removed.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, its a little complicated because the 4 door comes standard with a soft top and the 2 door doesnt even have a soft top option at all.

And you have a mix of 4 door guys and 2 door guys.

But Im a 4 door guy, and I have been 100% soft top, and only soft top, since the very beginning. I just do not want a hard top no matter what color it is.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd be fine with the soft top, my only concern is if we get the plumbing and wiring for the rear washer in case I want a hard top down the road. With the Wrangler you don't get that stuff installed if you only order the soft top and adding it later is a pain from what I read.

If everything is there I'll just the the softy and see how I like it, the ease of opening vs. having to store the panels certainly is a plus and you can button up quickly w/o having to carry the panels around in the back.

I don't have much room in my garage (none actually, would have to move things around quite a bit) to store one or the other.

I'm also waiting to see what the dual top with soft and MIC will cost, the price I saw on the survey is outlandish, but I think it might be the modular hard top in that package? I'll never take the side windows out in the back and I don't want a painted top. Have to wait for B&P to see the options and also wait to see how the soft top actually works.

Where I live I'll never need a hard top for winter, if I hit the snow for a weekend here or there I'm sure the soft top will be just fine.

One of the main reasons to get the Bronco is having a convertible, not having to deal with panels certainly is a plus.

If wiring and plumbing only comes with dual tops I will probably order that and maybe sell the hard top soon after. I hope Ford will include it with either top though.
But if you dont live in a snowy environment, where snow spray gets kicked up on your rear windshield, how often would you even use a rear wiper/washer? I have driven nothing but SUVs for decades and I only ever use the rear wiper/washer once in a while, and its really only because its there. I kind of have to force myself to use it. If it wasnt there, I wouldnt even think about it. I certainly wouldnt let that affect my choice of top. But, thats just me.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Supposedly, according to a Ford guy at the last Super Cel event, the plumbing and wiring is standard regardless of top. I really hope that's true.
Sponsored