First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 v6 2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4x4 wouldn’t engage I decided to turn off the vehicle an restarted the engine the light went away I was driving to work halfway there the light came back again!! So once I got to work I decided to investigate I found out that the wire harness for the transfer case was rubbing against the drive shaft.

the factory forgot to put the harness plastic clip on its mount so the harness was hanging n rubbing against the drive shaft cutting the wires….

B85D8697-993B-42F0-AEAF-B9599C96F2A6.jpeg

E3F641E5-2B52-47B1-A4CC-6C542DB110B5.jpeg

9AACA478-541A-4E2D-A73E-075BF46A930E.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Excellent investigative work. Sorry that happens but at least you know the issue.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@fordmotorcompany needs to do better.

Sponsored

Jofenech

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not good in fords end, but good on you for a good investigation and a heads up for others to have a look at.

OP
OP

Albarran1235

Badlands
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 v6 2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
….and thanks for not overreacting and gettin’ all Karen on us….we’ve had enough of that here lately.
I just got her 3 days ago I was a little disappointed but when I traded Tundra trd pro I knew that the bronco was new n I was going to run with the new cars first issues

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would check your entire vehicle over. Not gonna lie.. I spent 3 days drying mine out after a mishap and noticed about half the connectors I found were just floating in the wind. Never snapped into anything.

I dunno what half assed, third shift on sunday quality of work is being done over there, but Jeeebus. Basic stuff.

With that said, When the vehicle works, it works AMAZINGLY.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would check your entire vehicle over. Not gonna lie.. I spent 3 days drying mine out after a mishap and noticed about half the connectors I found were just floating in the wind. Never snapped into anything.

I dunno what half assed, third shift on sunday quality of work is being done over there, but Jeeebus. Basic stuff.

With that said, When the vehicle works, it works AMAZINGLY.
umm. That’s kind of a big deal. Connectors where? Engine bay? Interior? Undercarriage? All of the above?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've always carried zip ties in my vehicles but seriously underestimated how many I would need for a brand new Bronco.😲

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
umm. That’s kind of a big deal. Connectors where? Engine bay? Interior? Undercarriage? All of the above?
I just LOL'd in the real world...

You name it, pal. The good news is the major connectors that connect the front wiring looms to the rear were all nailed down pretty good. Tons of little guys just flapping in the wind under the glove box.. under seats..

I will say the engine bay itself is pretty squared away. Way more zip ties than early builds I saw.

Under the vehicle, I found one or two that had clips but no where to connect the clips. I didn't see anything that looked like it was going to rub, but I'll crawl under tomorrow and check this exact cable out.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this same message pop up about a week ago, but it was I my when I was flipping through my goat modes parked in a parking spot. That may have had something to do with it. It wouldn’t switch out if 4 high. I turned it off, went inside and ate. Then came back outside about an hour later and started it up and it flashed the same message. Turned it back off, went in and had a few more beers (I wasn’t happy). Came back out, started it and then message was gone and back in 2 wheel drive.
Sponsored