First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmmm, not sure this is completely accurate. Both this and this, where the second one specifically mentions the Nano tech and the first one talking about the 2.7L in general, mention they've been around since 2015 and in F-150s.

Unless you can give me a source that shows that it's not the same engine, I have to believe they're the same engine.
The Bronco engine is the the 2.7 that was released in 2015...HOWEVER, it is what Ford refers to as the 2.0 version of the engine. There have been some significant changes to the fuel injection system for one.

This engine is referred to as the 2.7 Nano Version 2. Here is video that explains ALL of the differences between it and the one introduced in 2015:
There has been very little actual info released on the full differences between the new 2.7 that is in the bronco vs the f150 version. But there was a video posted recently on the forums discussing some of the changes. Im not tech savy enough to find the links though. I personally see nothing wrong with either engine. I just wish they would have dropped in the 3.5 from the F150. We have that in our 2016 an that engine is no joke.

Honestly either of the offered power plants are a far cry better than anything offered in previous generations in both power and fuel economy. I say buy what makes you happy.
Here is the video:

Sponsored

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco engine is the the 2.7 that was released in 2015...HOWEVER, it is what Ford refers to as the 2.0 version of the engine. There have been some significant changes to the fuel injection system for one.

This engine is referred to as the 2.7 Nano Version 2. Here is video that explains ALL of the differences between it and the one introduced in 2015:

Here is the video:

The F150 also received the 2.0 version of the 2.7, did it not? It's also not a complete redesign from gen1. The differences aren't that great, and they basically fixed the shortcomings of the gen1 engine. The issues with the Bronco 2.7 are already documented and known by Ford and have been addressed for quite some time.

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this actually true? Do you have an article that talks about the differences between the two? I do know it's the gen2 of the 2.7, but a complete redesign for the Bronco? This is the first I've heard of this.

We just hit 2500 miles in our 2.7 and it's running strong. It's a very good engine, and has been so traditionally speaking in the F150. Ford already stated a small batch of 2.7 engines did sneak out with the valve issue. Aside from that, I haven't heard of any other issues with the 2.7. Ford has also stated that issue has been resolved. Why anyone would be afraid and lose sleep over this is beyond me.
Just turned 10K here no issues.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.