Sponsored

So what's with all the out of state license plates?

OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To me, the biggest consideration is what the price or LP vs NG is projected to be in the future. I feel like LP will be the lower cost due to the current administration's regs on the pipeline industry.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know most people like to bash on Californians, but not all Californians are bad people. We're not all liberals and we don't want to destroy your home state. Just a friendly reminder :)

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After being stationed at Fort Hood, TX, I knew at that point, I would marry me a Texan (turns out twice), and live in Texas.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I know most people like to bash on Californians, but not all Californians are bad people. We're not all liberals and we don't want to destroy your home state. Just a friendly reminder :)
I thought all Californians were the same, a bunch of bleeding heart liberals? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Actually, I lived in SoCal for years, I'm an expat who just moved here to Texas in 2017. I worked in Orange County and lived in the Inland Empire, I don't miss the commute.

I love a state where republican and conservative are not dirty words. So now I get to be a Texan and give the Californians a hard time, just in fun of course, we know there are a few good ones that will stay and hopefully make California more sane again. I know others that want to flee as well, but are locked in due to job, family, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, it just sucks the scum y'all have representing you... You are welcome to Texas anytime!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else notice an extremely unusual amount of out of state tags from all over? I've lived here (Houston area)all of my life and never seen anything like it. Just curious if you've seen it and have any conspiracy theory's?
Hmmm - that's probably what General Antonio López de Santa Anna said too... ;)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As a neutral observer I'm coming to think Texans spend more time thinking about California than they do Texas.
The funny part is @Username_not_found, I was born in Minnesota, your homestate, I've moved around a little bit so good natured ribbing is equal opportunity, it's just California is so easy, even the Californians are trying to recall their governor. The second reason is, we have a bunch of California companies moving here to Texas as they have had enough. Some of the latest, Tesla, SpaceX, Oracle, Hewlett Packard, CBRE and Charles Schwab's.

And the Austin area:
Dubbed Silicon Hills, Austin is currently the home of many high tech industries in the area include enterprise software, semiconductors, corporate R&D, biotechnology, the video game industry, and a variety of startup companies. Technology companies with offices in the area include Advanced Micro Devices, Amazon.com, Apple Inc., ARM Holdings, Cisco, eBay, ESO, Facebook, Google, IBM, Indeed, Intel, PayPal, Procore, Silicon Labs, Texas Instruments, Oracle Corporation, VMWare, and many others.[3] Dell’s worldwide headquarters are located in Round Rock, a suburb of Austin.
https://techstartups.com/2020/05/11...as-californias-poor-handling-stay-home-order/

https://www.investopedia.com/why-silicon-valley-companies-are-moving-to-texas-5092782

Last edited:

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

California is the US as the US is to the WORLD. Your (often shitty) politicians don't reflect the people.

People are good for the most part (no matter where you go in the world)- and we're often much more alike than we are different.

We'll all be better off when we actually start acting like it (y)

Sponsored

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
California is the US as the US is to the WORLD. Your (often shitty) politicians don't reflect the people.

People are good for the most part (no matter where you go in the world)- and we're often much more alike than we are different.

We'll all be better off when we actually start acting like it (y)

You mean to tell me the state with the largest population (over 1/10th the entire US population), third most area, and the fifth largest economy in the world isn't a monolith?

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and a Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The funny part is @Username_not_found, I was born in Minnesota, your homestate, I've moved around a little bit so good natured ribbing is equal opportunity, it's just California is so easy, even the Californians are trying to recall their governor. The second reason is, we have a bunch of California companies moving here to Texas as they have had enough. Some of the latest, Tesla, SpaceX, Oracle, Hewlett Packard, CBRE and Charles Schwab's.

And the Austin area:

https://techstartups.com/2020/05/11...as-californias-poor-handling-stay-home-order/

https://www.investopedia.com/why-silicon-valley-companies-are-moving-to-texas-5092782
I've lived all over the country, including Minnesota, California, and Texas.

Having lived there, I can say that Austin tends to be far more liberal than the average metro area. And all the tech companies moving there will keep amplifying it.

It's only anecdotal evidence but having lived all over, it seems to me that Texans spend far more time bitching about Californians than the other way around.

I just wish we could go back to the way it was when I was a kid. When we could all just get along and no one would be so hateful to people with other points of view. I mean, there is always an under current of disdain for "the other side". Trouble is it has blossomed into outright hostility in the last decade or two. And when you ask people why, it's always "well the other side did..."

I secretly relish the lockdowns we're under right now because I don't have to have an excuse to stop talking to people in general.

Can't we all just get along?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've lived all over the country, including Minnesota, California, and Texas.

Having lived there, I can say that Austin tends to be far more liberal than the average metro area. And all the tech companies moving there will keep amplifying it.

It's only anecdotal evidence but having lived all over, it seems to me that Texans spend far more time bitching about Californians than the other way around.

I just wish we could go back to the way it was when I was a kid. When we could all just get along and no one would be so hateful to people with other points of view. I mean, there is always an under current of disdain for "the other side". Trouble is it has blossomed into outright hostility in the last decade or two. And when you ask people why, it's always "well the other side did..."

I secretly relish the lockdowns we're under right now because I don't have to have an excuse to stop talking to people in general.

Can't we all just get along?
That does apply to many, but if you re-read what I said, about myself, I said "good natured ribbing", no different than sports teams, etc.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and a Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That does apply to many, but if you re-read what I said, about myself, I said "good natured ribbing", no different than sports teams, etc.
Yeah, that's what it used to be. But not any more unfortunately.

I wish we could get back there but with all of the big money (on all sides) controlling the media and spewing so much divisive propaganda at us (of all types), I doubt we will. At least not for a long time.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our Texas taxes rates are not really lower, while we have no State Income Tax, our Property Tax Bills more than make up for it. Virtually every new home is in an Home Owners Association development (HOA) which gets formed under one of several laws that add more property taxes to pay for the development infrastructure, roads, water, etc. And then there are our Toll Roads.
That sounds annoying AF
Sponsored