First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been having issues with my softtop for the last 6 months i have owned my Bronco, but i did see something yesterday that i hadnt noticed before. I noticed the tag abocve the rear window
Ford Bronco Soft Top - Failed Quality Control? IMG_4603
on my soft top has a set of signatures (presumably for quality control) and it has a big red "X" on it. When i did some poking around on videos of people demonstrating the factory soft top, they all have Green stickers on this tag. Does anyone else have a tag like this on the back of their soft top? Can you share what yours looks like?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gamecock2010

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anybody check their soft top?? Sticker is on the back corner above the rear tire

BroncoBillyEd

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll check mine when I get off in the morning. What issues are u having. Just drove mine to Vegas off rodeo. Was super windy going over and through the Mojave but it held up. The top that is. đź‘Ś

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been having issues with my softtop for the last 6 months i have owned my Bronco, but i did see something yesterday that i hadnt noticed before. I noticed the tag abocve the rear window
Ford Bronco Soft Top - Failed Quality Control? IMG_4603
on my soft top has a set of signatures (presumably for quality control) and it has a big red "X" on it. When i did some poking around on videos of people demonstrating the factory soft top, they all have Green stickers on this tag. Does anyone else have a tag like this on the back of their soft top? Can you share what yours looks like?
Anybody check their soft top?? Sticker is on the back corner above the rear tire
Mine also has a red “X”, but the top is fine. No problems whatsoever.

0DA594AD-2753-47F6-9ED9-382C3C268A81.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gamecock2010

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What kind of problems are you having?
The back support over the rear window cracks and pops whenever it flexes. here are some videos with the audio. The sound does seem to come directly from where the rivets attach the cloth to the plastic. My soft top frame also had several gouges in the metal arms and my dealer told me that it was just cosmetic and put touch up paint on it. wasnt sure if the two things were related, but it is hard to tell. so just trying to crowd source and see if there are any other clear indicators that my top is faulty/damaged.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The back support over the rear window cracks and pops whenever it flexes. here are some videos with the audio. The sound does seem to come directly from where the rivets attach the cloth to the plastic. My soft top frame also had several gouges in the metal arms and my dealer told me that it was just cosmetic and put touch up paint on it. wasnt sure if the two things were related, but it is hard to tell. so just trying to crowd source and see if there are any other clear indicators that my top is faulty/damaged.

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just checked my tag, it has the initials but no green sticker or red x. My soft stop has been great, and I am surprised how well it does in blizzard conditions which I experienced on a recent 3000 mile trip to Colorado and Utah. That said I have never done anything more than the sun-rider position, which gives 70% open air. I'm getting the Anderson hard top, but I'm sure there will be times I'm going to miss the soft.
Sponsored