First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey everyone! Thanks for the good posts and detailed pics! These tops are a little bit more challenging for everyone than expected. I have a four-door 2021 first edition, and I am not sure that it can accept the OEM soft top. I bought one from another bronco owner, and now that I have it in place it appears that the bolt holes for the brackets do not line up in the same place as the body holes. Any FE owners dealt this this top swap issue, going from factory hard to factory soft?
Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco WT. ā€˜23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey everyone! Thanks for the good posts and detailed pics! These tops are a little bit more challenging for everyone than expected. I have a four-door 2021 first edition, and I am not sure that it can accept the OEM soft top. I bought one from another bronco owner, and now that I have it in place it appears that the bolt holes for the brackets do not line up in the same place as the body holes. Any FE owners dealt this this top swap issue, going from factory hard to factory soft?
It will fit. You either have not installed the black mounting bracket in the cargo area or your roll bar brackets are backwards. Mine is a June 2021 build that is likely older than your FE. If you can, take pictures of what is not lining up.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

someone lists a w721070s450b as the mounting bolts for the soft top to the bracket?
At least I thought they were the same. Iā€™m trying to remember the last time I swapped.

TXRedFE

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It will fit. You either have not installed the black mounting bracket in the cargo area or your roll bar brackets are backwards. Mine is a June 2021 build that is likely older than your FE. If you can, take pictures of what is not lining up.
Thanks bud. I couldnā€™t find a video or installation guide that gave me step by step directions, so Iā€™m flying half blind right now. I figured it had to be the mounting brackets now that I read some of this thread. Were you able to find an installation guide on Bronco6G or elsewhere?

Sponsored

jp925

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2006 STi, 1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If anyone can supply me with part numbers for all bolts for the mounting brackets; Iā€™m trying to get everything in order for picking up my top this weekend, unfortunately the ford dealer wasnā€™t super helpful.

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If anyone can supply me with part numbers for all bolts for the mounting brackets; Iā€™m trying to get everything in order for picking up my top this weekend, unfortunately the ford dealer wasnā€™t super helpful.
did you ever get the part numbers? Iā€™m in a similar situation but can seem to find the part numbers to the brackets.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

did you ever get the part numbers? Iā€™m in a similar situation but can seem to find the part numbers to the brackets.
Are you looking for the roll bar brackets or the black bar brackets?

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you looking for the roll bar brackets or the black bar brackets?
Roll bar brackets and rear latch brackets. Also, does the roll bar only use 2 brackets? In the image below I see an additional set of brackets unless that is used for something else possibly for the hardtop. My bronco is currently at a shop so I cant run out and check if that is just the hardtop bracket.

I saw the part number for the bracket that goes in the rear cargo area posted earlier in this thread. My only question regarding that bracket is if it is the same part number for both the left and right side?

Roll bar bracket
Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED 1643574421640

rear latch bracket
Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED 1643574341394

rear cargo bracket: is it the same part number for left and right side?
Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED A86C49DE-1DEB-45FE-A836-98FF8AA48CD4

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Roll bar brackets and rear latch brackets. Also, does the roll bar only use 2 brackets? In the image below I see an additional set of brackets unless that is used for something else possibly for the hardtop. My bronco is currently at a shop so I cant run out and check if that is just the hardtop bracket.

I saw the part number for the bracket that goes in the rear cargo area posted earlier in this thread. My only question regarding that bracket is if it is the same part number for both the left and right side?

Roll bar bracket
Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED A86C49DE-1DEB-45FE-A836-98FF8AA48CD4

rear latch bracket

rear cargo bracket: is it the same part number for left and right side?
The right and left are the same part.

Sponsored

ibw83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought an OEM soft top from dual top Bronco. Brand new on pallet/sled with 6 bolts and side panels that windows slide into.

Spent a ton of time trying to find a definitive list of part numbers for the rest of the parts. Guys in Ford dealer parts department know NOTHING. One guy even said it is not possible to swap from hard top to soft top...and Ford sells as dual top!

Anyway, here are my notes I'm going to dealer with that I'm still not 100% sure about. For instance, I see mostly M2DZ... but actual pics of parts have M2DB... ???

IF ANYONE HAS A 100% DEFINITIVE LIST, PLEASE PLEASE POST

This is all consolidated from other posts which were great but most were concerned with one part or another so hopefully this saves some time.

Nice pic of most important parts

1690299794382.png

Support Bracket for behind rear cargo cover (long brackets above)
- looks like 2 identical parts

M2DZ-7829452-A x2

Bolts for support bracket

W707288-S442 (looks like comes as pack of 4 bolts)

1690299913267.png

Brackets inside tailgate that back/bottom of top snap into

M2DB-S515A54-AE

MISSING BOLT #'s

1690299976336.png

1690300006994.png

brackets above the back seats mounted to the roll bars

M2DB-S515A52-AD right
M2DB-S515A53-AD left

The bolts for the brackets above

W721070-S450B (total of 4 bolts, 2 each side)

Looks like GG86C is a group number for the parts

Rear cargo trim panels with cutout for soft top would be nice but not show stopper to use top

M2DZ-7831288-BA (right)
M2DZ-7831289-BA (left)
I was looking for the PN for the bolts that go with the brackets above the back seats. Thanks!

I think the PN for the bolts that go with the brackets inside the tailgate is W718804-S450B.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/soft-top-pdf.160872/?force-system-browser=1

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you happen to have the part number for the roll bar bracket and rear latch Bracket?
These I am confident in.
Roll bar brackets-
M2DZ-78515A52-B
M2DZ-78515A53-B

Rear latch brackets-
M2DZ-78515A54-B or M2DZ-78515A54-C as this is the new part number. They are the same left and right.

ibw83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that these are the bolts you need. Please verify before ordering.

w721070s450b
You will need 4.
Thanks! Will double check. This is what I'm planning to order. Quantity 1 for bolts because they come in packs of 4. Some items seem to be on backorder online. So will have to go to the dealer to order. The dealer price also seem to be a little less.

Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED Image 7-30-23 at 11.05 PM
Sponsored