Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was keeping track. Off 20 times, on 19.

Some worthless observations.

1) Mentioned before, beware of sharp edges.

2) Put some rubber hose or tape on the wrench handle. At some point, someone is going to crack a window taking the rear screws on or off. I've made some scary noises not taking my time.

3) Don't try it yourself. I was successful, but now worth the risk. At least the 2 door. Maybe the 4 door is easier/lighter?

4) When you set the rear section on the ground, do not let it rest on the location pins. They are not designed to carry the whole weight. I put mine on some 2x6's.

5) When I take my T's off, I always unlatch the twist ones first, then the big lever. Seems they T's have less movement when you loosen the twist latches. I have a feeling if you release the lever first the T's will flex more. Probably Doesn't matter, but don't want to get a crack in an already compromised product.

6) When I put the T's on, without even trying I can get an imperfect seal on the center line if not careful.

7) Make sure your kids know which order the T's go on. (not gonna mention any names).

8) Chase all 10 threads/weldnuts ASAP if you have a tap. Made things a lot easier going on and off.

I use the top lift pro, and an electric screw driver, with set at torque 9/drill to installing and removing the bolts.

I can get my 2 door top of and in my garage in like 10 min if that, by myself using that setup.
Sponsored

OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
20x in, is it still crack free?
Yeah. Nothing yet.

Top getting wavy though. Looks like hail damage in one spot, but obviously not.

It's a 2023, so hopefully improved over 2021's.

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the same setup I have for mine! Love the hoist I can remove the top by myself and reinstall it by myself. I like that it gives me some where to store the clam shell when it is off too.
I've been looking at the lange hoist but had a question. Having the hoist frame connect to the rear of the clamshell and then the front of the middle panel seems odd. Does this create pressure on the clamshell to middle panel joint? Seems like it would simply fold once you start lifting. I will admit I haven't had my top off yet so I'm not familiar with how those sections connect.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use the top lift pro, ...Snip
Same here - Top Lift Pro + Rockworx. Made the PVC door storage from this forum. All 4 top pieces off plus 4 doors off and all stowed in about 20 min.

Get a Top-Lift Pro... All of the engineered ideas on here are awesome, but this thing just works.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a ceiling mounted winch and a power ratchet with the torx bit (far less likely to bust a window in a rush). My 2 door top goes on/off in 10 min or less. I leave the top hanging from the ceiling when not in use. I park underneath it when it’s off.

IMG_8799.jpeg
You’re my hero !!!

OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just realized that picture added to the thread header is someone taking their top off solo.

Not me btw, lol.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I took my rear top section off this spring and don't plan on putting back on till the snow flies. I have the ford tonneau cover and even though the rear is open I don't get any water inside. I've hod NO problems with the front three removable sections staying in place without the rear section at freeway speeds.
If I could find a rear canvas window for winter I would never put the rear section back on.

aggiedrew08

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 2.7L 4dr SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2) Put some rubber hose or tape on the wrench handle. At some point, someone is going to crack a window taking the rear screws on or off. I've made some scary noises not taking my time.
Take a look at these:
https://gpca.com/products/bronco-tie-down-anchor-pro

One of the first things I got, and makes the process a lot safer(for the windows) and extremely convenient.

Sponsored

Ilovebroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes they have a rubber washer. They work great and are a must if you take the top off often. Make sure to get the two for upper roof bolts as well for completely toolless removal (they used to be sold separately, not sure about now).
I have them in red, they're awesome

TripleSe7en

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door, 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm really looking for a fold-down soft top option for the 2 door. As nice as they've made it, removing the hard top is still too much of a PITA for me.

Chsbronco

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Made a hoist to lift the soft top off. Cost about $60 for 1/4 inch braided rope, 9 pulleys, 9 eye hooks, 3 ratch straps, and a 2x4.

OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
What do you mean by this?
There are 10 holes in the body to mount a top on the 2-door. One of mine was partially cross threaded from the factory. Another one had way too much paint in it and was tight.

I took a M8 x 1.25 and hand tapped each hole to clean them out.
Sponsored