Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was keeping track. Off 20 times, on 19.

Some worthless observations.

1) Mentioned before, beware of sharp edges.

2) Put some rubber hose or tape on the wrench handle. At some point, someone is going to crack a window taking the rear screws on or off. I've made some scary noises not taking my time.

3) Don't try it yourself. I was successful, but now worth the risk. At least the 2 door. Maybe the 4 door is easier/lighter?

4) When you set the rear section on the ground, do not let it rest on the location pins. They are not designed to carry the whole weight. I put mine on some 2x6's.

5) When I take my T's off, I always unlatch the twist ones first, then the big lever. Seems they T's have less movement when you loosen the twist latches. I have a feeling if you release the lever first the T's will flex more. Probably Doesn't matter, but don't want to get a crack in an already compromised product.

6) When I put the T's on, without even trying I can get an imperfect seal on the center line if not careful.

7) Make sure your kids know which order the T's go on. (not gonna mention any names).

8) Chase all 10 threads/weldnuts ASAP if you have a tap. Made things a lot easier going on and off.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was keeping track. Off 20 times, on 19.

Some worthless observations.

2) Put some rubber hose or tape on the wrench handle. At some point, someone is going to crack a window taking the rear screws on or off. I've made some scary noises not taking my time.

3) Don't try it yourself. I was successful, but now worth the risk. At least the 2 door. Maybe the 4 door is easier/lighter?

4) When you set the rear section on the ground, do not let it rest on the location pins. They are not designed to carry the whole weight. I put mine on some 2x6's.

5) When I take my T's off, I always unlatch the twist ones first, then the big lever. Seems they T's have less movement when you loosen the twist latches. I have a feeling if you release the lever first the T's will flex more. Probably Doesn't matter, but don't want to get a crack in an already compromised product.

6) When I put the T's on, without even trying I can get an imperfect seal on the center line if not careful.

7) Make sure your kids know which order the T's go on. (not gonna mention any names).

8) Chase all 10 threads/weldnuts ASAP if you have a tap. Made things a lot easier going on and off.
I've had my Bronco since Black Friday 2021 and this summer was the very first time of having my complete hard top off! Its been off for nearly two months, too! I'm lucky since I have a company car, so the Bronco can sit in the garage when it rains, like it did this morning! Unfortunately, the colder weather is coming, so I going to have to put on the top on, so thanks for the informational tips!

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spot on.

1: I’ve got more composite cuts than I’d like to admit

2: I immediately swapped the torx bolts for GPCA Tbolts. During that initial removal, I musta smacked the window a dozen times.

3: Nope. Not even once.

4: Same here! Too many reports of cracked ledges or broken pins

OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a ceiling mounted winch and a power ratchet with the torx bit (far less likely to bust a window in a rush). My 2 door top goes on/off in 10 min or less. I leave the top hanging from the ceiling when not in use. I park underneath it when it’s off.

IMG_8799.jpeg

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited:

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have cut the hell out of my hands taking the top off. It's crazy how sharp some spots are. The top also scrapes and gets scuffed super easy. They're very delicate. Mine looks like someone hit it with a hammer and nails in a handful of spots.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So Very True! Worth repeating for awareness.

Why in the world are you using hand tools lol. Get the Rockworx thumb screws, or at least a cordless ratchet.

I did the 4 door solo a few times, its doable but a little risky true.

I set mine in the driveway on the pins every time (over 20 times). Im currently running the Trektop and the clamshell is sitting on the garage floor for months. Pins are fine.

Sounds like you need to adjust the brackets mounted to roof, they have alot of play. Should be self aligning.

OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base

Why in the world are you using hand tools lol. Get the Rockworx thumb screws, or at least a cordless ratchet.
Yeah. They look awesome and fairly priced. Will be ordering the silver ones. It looks like there is plastic/rubber on the bottom where it contacts the top?

I set mine in the driveway on the pins every time (over 20 times). Im currently running the Trektop and the clamshell is sitting on the garage floor for months. Pins are fine.
Good to know. Thanks. I was worried the frame would warp, or one of the pins would pop off.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah. They look awesome and fairly prices. Will be ordering the silver ones. It looks like there is plastic/rubber on the bottom where it contacts the top?

Good to know. Thanks. I was worried the frame would warp, or one of the pins would pop off.
Yes they have a rubber washer. They work great and are a must if you take the top off often. Make sure to get the two for upper roof bolts as well for completely toolless removal (they used to be sold separately, not sure about now).

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roof off twice since March 2022. Comes off at the beginning of summer and goes back on when fall arrives. Resides in the garage all year, and when a roof off road trip occurs, the weather proof vehicle cover comes along just in case it is needed. T handles replaced the bolts and the clam shell hangs from the ceiling with an electric winch from Harbor Freight. The two front panels hang from the garage wall in their specialized bags. The only issue is I really don’t know how well the AC works since during the summer the roof is off. LOL.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a ceiling mounted winch and a power ratchet with the torx bit (far less likely to bust a window in a rush). My 2 door top goes on/off in 10 min or less. I leave the top hanging from the ceiling when not in use. I park underneath it when it’s off.

Ford Bronco Just removed hard top for 20th time. Observations & tips 20230602_202558
That is the same setup I have for mine! Love the hoist I can remove the top by myself and reinstall it by myself. I like that it gives me some where to store the clam shell when it is off too.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
$15 cam straps and 4 of those cardboard corner reinforcements you find in heavy shipping materials. *Feather the trigger* on mini impact with wobbler for the bolts and dont let the anvil strike more than 3-4 times.

Can do comfortably solo in 15-20min. 6'1" in good health and have done about a dozen times with no issues.
20210815_173240.jpg

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Just removed hard top for 20th time. Observations & tips 20210815_173240
What brackets are you using for the hardtop slots for the roof rack? I've been searching for something like that so I can rig up my ceiling mounted winch as well.
Sponsored