Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everything you said is correct
Where are all the bolts needed to install the hard top to the body?
I have a soft top with the HT prep kit…. I am just wondering where are all the extra pieces I need to secure it down ?
Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where are all the bolts needed to install the hard top to the body?
I have a soft top with the HT prep kit…. I am just wondering where are all the extra pieces I need to secure it down ?
With a hardtop. I’m not aware that they come with anything else. If you have to purchase, go with the Rocworx set.

Ashley

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great write-up! Thank you!

For these side brackets - If you’re keeping your soft top too (I.e. - switching between seasons) can you leave these installed with a hard top on?

Thanks!

1643558312177.png
Not sure if your supposed too but the dealership actually changed my tops for me and they left them on. I was actually wondering if I needed to take the hardtop back off and remove them or not. But so far there has been no issue with them being on.

Ashley

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You do have to take off the side channels on the C pillars. The brackets on the top of the roll bars can stay on with the hardtop.
the dealership left mine on when they swapped out my softtop for the hardtop.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the dealership left mine on when they swapped out my softtop for the hardtop.
Since that post I have learned the error of it. Keeping the C pillar trim on works just fine. The only side note to that is if you have done the extensive weatherstripping to the hard top to cut down on wind noise, that will interfere with the C pillar trim.

Sponsored

Niceface

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronc, 12' Wrangler, 21 Escalade, 21 Range
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Super helpful thread! Thanks OP's.

I sold off our hard top and bought a OEM soft top and ran into this exact problem.

Just ordered all the parts from Ford and they should be here on Monday. Everything except the pieces that mount closest to the tailgate. Those are still on backorder with no ETA.

Thanks again!

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had the tailgate brackets on order since August and still haven’t not received them this is crazy.

#M2DZ 78515A54C

edit*

can anyone confirm if the part number above is the bracket in this image below?

IMG_7574.png

6ff8f165-83de-4771-b259-d68d7e540e87.jpeg

Last edited:

TJGMD

Raptor
First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does anyone have the two tailgate latches for a soft top from a dual top bronco available? I need these 2 brackets to convert from a hard top to a soft top.
Thanks
Part number M2DZ-78515A54-C. Or (B)
Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED IMG_2387

meh

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if I’m buying a soft top from someone - what do I need to make sure is included in the sale? Just the window channels and the brackets? Anything else that wouldn’t come off with the top?

I assume I can order the interior access panel from ford.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you again OP for this thread! I pick up my hard top today and this was useful!

I’m going to leave the C pillar trim from my soft top on based on the posts from everyone. Sounds like it doesn’t interfere. But does anyone know why Ford says to remove them before installing the hard top?

@Ducati1098 @flip

IMG_6864.jpeg

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you again OP for this thread! I pick up my hard top today and this was useful!

I’m going to leave the C pillar trim from my soft top on based on the posts from everyone. Sounds like it doesn’t interfere. But does anyone know why Ford says to remove them before installing the hard top?

@Ducati1098 @flip

Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED IMG_6864
I don't know if it's true for later dual top models but on my '21, they made contact. Maybe the shell was just "sprung" enough from manufacturing that it would push the sides out. Take the plates off and all was good. I've run the same top on the '21, '22 and current '23, all of which were originally soft tops.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if it's true for later dual top models but on my '21, they made contact. Maybe the shell was just "sprung" enough from manufacturing that it would push the sides out. Take the plates off and all was good. I've run the same top on the '21, '22 and current '23, all of which were originally soft tops.
Oh snap! Thank you Flip! Doesn’t hurt me to remove them so I’ll take them off. Better safe than sorry. Did you leave the bolts in the Bronco after you removed the trim?

JCdrivesPA

Badlands
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

I’m desperate to find the rear cargo latch receivers and hoping someone can come in clutch, and they have these just laying around somewhere. I cannot believe how much ford is asking for these now. $1,000-$1,600 for this simple part!

https://www.fordpartsonsale.com/oem-parts/ford-receiver-m2dz78515a54d

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED 1710776475408-tr

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh snap! Thank you Flip! Doesn’t hurt me to remove them so I’ll take them off. Better safe than sorry. Did you leave the bolts in the Bronco after you removed the trim?
Put them back in so I wouldn't lose. Soft top will go back on when it's time to sell.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,

I’m desperate to find the rear cargo latch receivers and hoping someone can come in clutch, and they have these just laying around somewhere. I cannot believe how much ford is asking for these now. $1,000-$1,600 for this simple part!

https://www.fordpartsonsale.com/oem-parts/ford-receiver-m2dz78515a54d

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED 1710776475408-tr
No idea what the hell that is but there's a national stop sale and nearly 160 on back order. For that price I'd almost have to believe it includes the trim panels but wouldn't rule out their pricing is way off.
Ford Bronco Soft Top <--> Hard Top Swap : Tips & Lessons Learned - UPDATED 1710779203148-yq
Sponsored