Sponsored

Soft Top in the Winter - How is it holding up?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have only used a self managed wand carwash. No evidence of water getting in, I would not run the softtop through even a touchless carwash due to higher power jets so close to the fabric - maybe its okay,

Anyway, here on Lake Erie halfway between Cleveland and Buffalo, winter had been missing until last week. Fresh 6" just this afternoon. I have no problem with the top, although I do have a garage to park in. NO problems getting cabin arm enough, I got the $3500+/- heated steering wheel (only way to get it is Lux)
Me too, and worth every penny
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much this - except I don't bother remote starting and we just drive cold for the first few minutes. I mean, my first car was a Ford F100 that took 30 minutes to warm up!
Haha, that reminds me of my first Bronco, an old '79. That 351 took FOREVER to warm up, and you're better off just bundling up and driving instead of waiting for it to get warm. Had to actually put a load on it for it to warm up, idling wasn't going to do anything.
I like to remote start the '21 for 5 or so minutes just cause I've got a 7 week old and 17 month old, and it's hard to bundle them and put them in the car seat :ROFLMAO: .

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was asking in general. I've never had a convertible style vehicle or one with the drop down window. My windows this morning were frozen shut so I'd imagine that's going to be an issue? My Bronco is in production.
I have the roll down on my current hard top mustangs and my old convertibles it makes no difference the type of top they are on.

kantonelli

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the roll down on my current hard top mustangs and my old convertibles it makes no difference the type of top they are on.
Ok that's good to know but my question is if the windows freeze, like mine did this morning on my Yukon would it prevent the door from opening/closing? That's really my only concern.

shillelagh45

Base
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ontario / Lake Huron here and the soft top is holding the heat in perfectly.No heavy snow load on the roof yet. Bit of a draft on really cold days. More concerned with the lack of heat from the floor vents. Any one else got cold feet and legs ?
Noticed that yesterday, even when everything else is off.

Sponsored

Shanesully

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any update on how your soft tops are holding up this winter???

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Absolutely wonderfully. North central Wisconsin. Never even considered a hard top.
Sponsored