Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The biggest problem with soft-tops, is because they’re made flimsy on purpose, you often have to replace them every 5-7 years (leaks and wind).
I have a 2005 Mustang convertible and the top was replaced in 2006 because a hole wore through it somehow from raising and lowering it. I still have that same top on it 15 years later and it's still in perfect condition. No leaks or additional wind noise.

The only significant difference I see between a hard top and a soft top is that the soft top lets a lot more noise in. If you're driving next to a loud car or truck you'll hear it way more.

I guess with a 2-door I don't really get a choice, but I want the MIC hard top with added sound deadening. I can still remove it if I feel like it.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Besttop probably one of the best manufactures of soft tops has a cool video about the myths regarding extreme weather and soft tops...

it will put to bed the issue of having one in the winter..
They are more than adequate for heat and cold...
So you think the optional/accesory best top soft top would be superior to the regular factory soft top?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you think the optional/accesory best top soft top would be superior to the regular factory soft top?
Just from a research standpoint yes. But with that being said I don’t have any practical expertise with soft tops, just going by what I have read and what other soft top owners state

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. I believe they make the best soft tops in the business from what I can tell.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This whole hard top fiasco helped me get to a great place. I was a dual mod/soft guy since I wanted the rear side windows to open......but finally realized that I'm too old and lazy to bother changing tops twice a year and noticed a lot of darned soft tops running around Chicago area all winter!! So finally realized, I just want a convertible, darn it. I think I would have bought the mod and ended up not using it...

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I currently live in Portland, Oregon but also have a place in NW Montana. Not a chance I would get a soft top. Between the rain, road grime, and de-icer I seriously doubt a soft top would last. Now I will get some type of bikini top for the summer. Winter will be hard top.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When i order, I am flip flopping on the top, i live in Michigan and am a little concerned with the soft top, but do plan to park it in the garage, If i do pick the soft top, do you think that my build would happen quicker or are they getting the hard top fiasco under control?

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t have any issues this past winter. Held up great!

Ford Bronco Soft Top in Winter Conditions ? 0FB6DCCE-A819-444E-9DF6-32267B5606BF

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got my Sasquatch’d 4 door last October and it was fine this past winter here in Iowa. No issues whatsoever.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone have experience with soft tops during snow and ice conditions. I live in Canada and debating a soft top to get faster delivery. Have concerns of windows fogging up. Any info would be welcomed.Thanks

My advice? Don’t settle. Wait on what you want. Lot of people are regretting settling to get their Bronco earlier. It’s not worth it.
Sponsored