Sponsored

Goat modes just software which brakes to assist under different conditions?

OP
OP
bf4445

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sop if these goat modes can do all of this then why bother with diff lockers?
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why? You can only use one at a time.....
I know. Iā€™m saying I wish there was a trim available where you could select between the eight different GOAT modes. The max available on any trim is seven.

OP
OP
bf4445

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not sure that it is recommended for street use, but clearly it can be used that way. The guy in that video is nuts!

Baja mode is one of several selectable goat modes. I believe it is only available on the Badlands, Wildtrak, and First Edition. It is the one I am really looking forward to trying out. Can't wait to head to the sand dunes!
You guys are teaching me lots and i appreciate it. Guess i am also stuck with a Badlands or Wildtrack level. gotta have baja mode

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, I resent that! Geez, I;'ve spent a life time climbing rocks mud holes etc. just cause it can't be done and i did it and you think I aint just as nuts?.....I'll bet there are lots of us us ordering the new Bronco. Maybe we should start a Nut club.....hummm....anyone got a better name? I got it, lets go cross the Darrin gap. If cj7's can do it we can do it in the new Broncos in Baja mode right? Check out this video
Just watched that whole thing. Very impressive. I would totally go for that! But, I still don't think it's as crazy as driving a $50k+ vehicle 50-60mph on gravel, letting go of the steering wheel, and slamming on the brakes! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
bf4445

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know. Iā€™m saying I wish there was a trim available where you could select between the eight different GOAT modes. The max available on any trim is seven.
chuckle, i know i was just kidding. But it is confusing. I've found on my rene its to easy to just leave it to the cpu and just enjoy the scenary. Kinda takes some of the thrill outa making trails. I'm looking forward to the 360 degree camera that will help alot in tight places.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bf4445

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just watched that whole thing. Very impressive. I would totally go for that! But, I still don't think it's as crazy as driving a $50k+ vehicle 50-60mph on gravel, letting go of the steering wheel, and slamming on the brakes! :ROFLMAO:
Maybe, but he didn't have to fight snakes mosquitoes or cross steep banked creeks in the mountains and deal with maybe hostile natives either. But i guess traveling at almost 100mph he would fly past that in a flash! Yeehaww.... lets show em what we can do. We will do it without beer! whatda ya think?

Yes, the brake thing was impressive. However, I have been in panic situations in which i had to turn while panic stopping. Wonder how that would work?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey, I resent that! Geez, I;'ve spent a life time climbing rocks mud holes etc. just cause it can't be done and i did it and you think I aint just as nuts?.....I'll bet there are lots of us us ordering the new Bronco. Maybe we should start a Nut club.....hummm....anyone got a better name? I got it, lets go cross the Darrin gap. If cj7's can do it we can do it in the new Broncos in Baja mode right? Check out this video
I really enjoyed that thanks for posting,ive always wanted to do something like that true trailblazers looks like they ate good too.
Guys and gals you will never go hungry at a jeep jamboree they throw down.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't forget Daredevil mode...

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else learn just today that the Bronco is going to have active exhaust? :)
To my knowledge there is no active exhaust on the Bronco and someone put that chart together purely out of speculation. I believe it is based off of other models and the little we know about the goat modes. There is probably some truth to it, but I have yet to read anything about active exhaust.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To my knowledge there is no active exhaust on the Bronco and someone put that chart together purely out of speculation. I believe it is based off of other models and the little we know about the goat modes. There is probably some truth to it, but I have yet to read anything about active exhaust.
Ah, my bad for thinking that chart was official. :confused:

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ah, my bad for thinking that chart was official. :confused:
I thought the same and went "Wait. What? Where did that come from?".

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is no computer replacement for sending equal power to all 4 wheels.
ā€˜Regularā€™ 4x4 only send power to one back and one front wheel....

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The use of selective braking works pretty well and actually does make me question my need for a front locker. That being said, it still uses the brakes and does limit power application in some situations where with the axle locked, the brakes donā€™t need to be applied. Same would be true for the front locker, just for me, not planning to do a lot of rocks, the front wheels shouldnā€™t be airborne as often? In sand and mud the rear wheels are getting the brunt of weight transfer and have more influence on traction. Deep snow is where the front locker might be really helpful for me in MI?

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watch Mattā€™s off-road recovery on YouTube and you will see how often the first thing they do is turn off traction control on the stuck vehicle (and air it down). The gun it and practice throttle response are out the window on modern cars. He uses a fairly analog XJ running a 4.0L.

The nanny computers need to know you are intentionally and knowingly doing an abnormal off road activity. This will be my Daily and all around fun toy. I prefer it be set to safely get me to the trail and then with the flick of a dial know Iā€™m going to be losing traction and spinning a possible open diff till I lock it.

This thing is going to be beast mode on a boat ramp as much as a washed out river bed. Different programs though. Having Auto Unlock over a certain speed is genius. The collective effort combed in this level of programming and tuning is impressive.

Besides my brain can only run a fairly complex routine limited to my five senses. Memory recall is a different topic. This computer will have copious data, software routines and respond quickly. How many pedestrian detection events have occurred where the driver said I didnā€™t even have time to react. How many times has the ABS fired and you didnā€™t know a wheel lost traction until a second or two later.

Of course Let me see you put your seatbelt on once you realize you are going to crash yet the airbag is already in your face and did its job. Computers will beat your reaction time in most predictable cases.

As far as unpredictable events, Teslaā€™s work replicating the human ability to encounter, recall from code, unfamiliar instances quickly is amazing. Itā€™s no where near able to encounter all unfamiliar instances like the human brain since it hasnā€™t learned what it
Doesnā€™t know yet.

Put simply, Ford predicted several normal circumstances and programmed them. The vehicle will have a programmed intervention routine.
Sponsored