Sponsored

Soft Top in the Winter - How is it holding up?

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm, my feet actually get too hot in 4 degree temps. Not sure what your issue could be. Are you running the heat through the dash vents? You should have it set to floor settings.
Set to floor and running blower full blast. You can hardly feel any heat. Might have an issue with the vents.
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is one of my concerns as well. I live in NY with no garage unfortunately so I appreciate any feedback as well.
Lots of us in NY - no problem!

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is about the best thing going I have found. It is a cheap, easy to use product. I am sure Chemical Guys and Griots and such probably have a version, but this one is tried and true.
I've used it on my Jeep Plastics, hazed up motorcycle windscreens, visors on helmets, boat plexiglass windows, and now, my Bronco.
It is not a miracle in a bottle, but pretty darned close.

Amazon.com: Meguiar's G12310 PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish, 10 Fluid Ounces : Automotive
ive been using 303 with decent results:

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issue here with ice or snow.

Ford Bronco Soft Top in the Winter - How is it holding up? 47EEB4CA-B79F-4979-B1EE-93EB668FE929

Ford Bronco Soft Top in the Winter - How is it holding up? 58E48B0D-125E-426F-A751-EDCCDFDA9D6A

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you notice any issues running it through the touchless wash? This is my first softtop but i've heard to stay away from those types of things because the soaps can be harsh on the top material. Good to know the top doesn't leak in those situations tho.
I have only used a self managed wand carwash. No evidence of water getting in, I would not run the softtop through even a touchless carwash due to higher power jets so close to the fabric - maybe its okay,

Anyway, here on Lake Erie halfway between Cleveland and Buffalo, winter had been missing until last week. Fresh 6" just this afternoon. I have no problem with the top, although I do have a garage to park in. NO problems getting cabin arm enough, I got the $3500+/- heated steering wheel (only way to get it is Lux)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ontario / Lake Huron here and the soft top is holding the heat in perfectly.No heavy snow load on the roof yet. Bit of a draft on really cold days. More concerned with the lack of heat from the floor vents. Any one else got cold feet and legs ?
AT times, mostly when heat/defroster is on Max. Turn down the fan speed and in a few minutes your feet will start to feel some heat

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Suburbs of Chicago here. So far so good. Have had very minimal snow, some freezing rain. So far no issues. Couple of days with sustained 20-30mph winds little noisy on those days. It was 8* when I left this morning with windchill of about -9. Heated seats worked great, auto climate control set to 70 and it was nice and comfy inside about ten minutes into my drive to work.

Back window has been a pain in the ass to keep clean with all the salt on the roads despite lack of snow.
Thanks. I too live in the burbs. Getting mine delivered in a few weeks. Good to know it's holding up in the area weather.

chicitywoof

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not exactly in a cold weather city (NC), but we've had bit of ice and snow this year and I have had no issues. I don't have a garage, but my '21 OBX heats up really nicely.

Sponsored

kantonelli

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How would that be any different with a hard top?
I was asking in general. I've never had a convertible style vehicle or one with the drop down window. My windows this morning were frozen shut so I'd imagine that's going to be an issue? My Bronco is in production.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it's probably not recommended but I got a little desperate and put a little spray wax on all three of the windows with a microfiber towel and it has done wonders to keep them cleaner.
I ceramic coated them. Gently! It's an amazing difference as you have said!

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fellow Minnesotan here with a soft top! Absolutely no issues yet and has performed great! However it's home is a heated garage kept at 65 degrees, so that can help too.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Utah here, we only had a couple decent storms, and mine is a garage queen... however, any time I was out in the snow or just cold weather, it did just fine. Remote start for a couple minutes, let the engine warm up, and then head out on your daily drive. The soft top does just fine keeping heat in. I asked the kids in the back seat how the temp was in the back, and they said they were plenty warm.
Pretty much this - except I don't bother remote starting and we just drive cold for the first few minutes. I mean, my first car was a Ford F100 that took 30 minutes to warm up!

For the mornings when I take the daughter to school, it's usually in the 20s and we get plenty warm inside on the trip to the high school.

The heater seems to wait until the water temp gets to about 150 before kicking on and then it invokes the nuclear option until the inside gets to the set temperature.

When the wind kicks up, it can be a little bit loud. In the summer, I don't notice because I usually leave the back panels in the garage and drive with it in safari mode. I never really picked up on the wind noise until I put the panels back on. :cool:
Sponsored