Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you stop abruptly and force the water over the roof and on to the front window?

I live in the desert.. not sure how rain works, but I've heard of the stuff.
Ha! It was raining pretty damn good in the desert this year. I bet you're an expert now!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha! It was raining pretty damn good in the desert this year. I bet you're an expert now!
All joking aside, you aren't kidding. VERY wet here in Phoenix. Cool fall as well. Quite loving the weather this year!

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just rolling the window down gets your left leg soaked with the soft top, I stopped a drive thru for a coffee one rainy day before going for a trip and got absolutely drenched.

Yet another downside of the soft top, IMO.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed on the soft top I examined at the dealer that there is a stiff seam overtop the door which I think is designed to act as a gutter to the A-pillar. The design seems to have an infection point about 4” from the A-pillar, and in the rain that’s where I saw the water streaming off. The inflection could be due to how the top folds back.

Anyway, there may be a way to add a stiffener to straighten out the problem area.
You are correct! That is what I think is causing it as well. It does dip down a little because that is where the big plastic piece is on the front near the latches.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you stop abruptly and force the water over the roof and on to the front window?

I live in the desert.. not sure how rain works, but I've heard of the stuff.
To me, it doesn't look like it's pooling on top at all. It just seems to be some design flaw that causes the water to go in that area. I noticed a spot at the back that does it too, but who cares? No one is getting out in the back!!

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Somebody on Youtube has a video on this...(CoderMan). Not sure if he's on here, but maybe.

Edit: He's actually got a hard top with the same issue.

Around 1:25 into the video:

#BroncoCharm
Looks great tighten your door bolts and the clicking goes away Its engineered that way on purpose

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me, it doesn't look like it's pooling on top at all. It just seems to be some design flaw that causes the water to go in that area. I noticed a spot at the back that does it too, but who cares? No one is getting out in the back!!
Yeah, I think you are right. I can find several mentions of this problem on youtube and the forums. Also seems to be a problem for MIC owners as well.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I think you are right. I can find several mentions of this problem on youtube and the forums. Also seems to be a problem for MIC owners as well.
I'm kind of angry at this forum for not making me aware of this earlier. It's like - you can find out about the green paint color, but you can't tell a woman that water is going to ruin her hair when she gets out of the Bronco?

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just rolling the window down gets your left leg soaked with the soft top, I stopped a drive thru for a coffee one rainy day before going for a trip and got absolutely drenched.

Pretty sure it's the same with the hard top

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

every time I see a post of yours I want the MPG signature to go up and it never does. Will you please go drive somewhere?!

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

every time I see a post of yours I want the MPG signature to go up and it never does. Will you please go drive somewhere?!
Mine is around 20mpg when I'm driving normally. About 17.6 when I'm driving to work because I need to get there on time, or if I am driving in town with tons of traffic. I think for an average it's close to 19 with my bigger tires. Not bad.

Last edited:

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is around 20mpg when I'm driving normally. About 17.6 when I'm driving to work because I need to get there on time, or if I am driving in town with tons of traffic. I think for an average it's close to 19 with me bigger tires. Not bad.
thats better than I hoped for with the 2.7!
Sponsored