First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t have the soft top, but I do notice this same thing with the hard top version as well. Any advice? I know the hard tops have been plagued with wind noise, but it’s interesting I feel like this is the exact description of what I’m hearing as well from that rear passenger.
Hi there, Jason! Will you send us a PM with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into these wind noise concerns on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ashley

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same wind noise but I have noticed it with both my softtop and with the hardtop. What would cause it with both tops?

Ashley

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to necro this thread, but did you ever find a solution? I just got my '23 a few days before Christmas and I have this noise exactly as you describe it. For reference, I drove a '21 soft top for 9 months and never heard this much wind noise. Not even close.
I have the same issue too and can’t seem to find a cause. The dealership said they can hear it but they can’t find a cause either, just that some tops have more noise than others.

Potroast_Jr

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the same issue too and can’t seem to find a cause. The dealership said they can hear it but they can’t find a cause either, just that some tops have more noise than others.
Yea, I gave up on my local dealerships helping. The cause is the top is just loose in that area. My bracket isn't a problem, there's just too much slack in the top in that spot.

I went with the homemade headliner route with a sunshade net and a mattress topper. It keeps a ton of heat out in the summer, and completely negates the wind noise from the sides.

Ford Bronco Soft top issues - wind noise from my rear passenger door at 40+ MPH 1710947258625-02

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi Ashley! I can look into your bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone gotten this resolved?

I thought I was headed in the right direction when the dealer replaced my top recently, but they only replaced the fabric and not the frame which is obviously where the intrusion occurs. The newer fabric has ridges built in which help tremendously with water channeling onto you when you open a window, but I still have the same wind noise I had before. What's worse is now the top flaps when driving on the highway. Taking her in next week to see what they can do.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everyone asks if it was latched properly, but you also should check that the bracket is adjusted properly. The bracket where the top latches in the middle can be adjusted forward and backward to snug things up. Worth a try.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had to have my passenger side cable replaced due to wind noise and the tension not being there when closed. I could lift up the top where it meets the roll bar. If the middle is latched, the windows are installed correctly then this is what I would look at next.​

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi there, Jason! Will you send us a PM with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into these wind noise concerns on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
And them ignore him like you did to me?
Sponsored