First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yah, no way to guarantee that. The only "firm" delivery year given is for FE's, to be delivered in 2021. Everything else is "as available"
And most of those on 12/31/2021
Sponsored

jbryant

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point of things, thereā€™s no guarantee for any build being delivered this year.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point of things, thereā€™s no guarantee for any build being delivered this year.
Exactly, I have a VIN for a hard top, but mine has not been built. My email states ā€œWe expect you will be getting a 2021 model year Bronco.ā€ That in itself is no guarantee, and frankly I donā€™t expect it myself given the history so far lol

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!

So, following your same scenario.. say I'm 6th in line with a soft top and no other constraints, my dealership has 5 allocations, and those 5 have already been built but waiting for MIC replacements with guaranteed MY 21 delivery. Would that mean they won't start on my soft top until the 5 before me have their tops replaced? Even though they could conceivably be working on my soft top while they're still trying to figure out the MIC issue?
If weā€™re following strictly following the rules, yes you are correct. They would wait on your build.

In realityā€¦ Ford isnā€™t making money unless they are manufacturing and shipping vehicles. The allocations are ultimately just estimates, so if they have capacity to build your vehicle they will. They wonā€™t let assembly sit idle just because dealers have given their full allocations for the year.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The allocations are basically "we at Ford expect to be able to build XXXX Broncos this year. Based on your previous sales records, your location, and a bunch of other factors, we expect to be able to provide you the dealer with 5 Broncos this year". (Completely made up number by the way, most dealers have allocation numbers much higher than 5.)

The dealer must prioritize retail orders over stock/fleet orders. Which, if we were under ideal conditions, essentially means the first 5 people who reserved the Bronco at that dealer would be expected to get a Bronco that year. But if Ford cannot build particular all 5 of those vehicles, it'll keep going down the line until it can find a vehicle that Ford can build. If Ford cannot build any retail orders, they'll start building stock orders that dealers can put up on their lot for sale.

So lets pretend our made up dealer has 11 orders with the following the following:
  1. First Edition - bad batch hard top
  2. Badlands hard top - bad batch hard top
  3. Wildtrak hard top
  4. Badlands soft top
  5. Base hard top
  6. Black Diamond soft top - Priority 99 (waiting for Mansquatch)
  7. Black Diamond soft top
  8. Badlands 2-door
  9. Outer Banks hard top
  10. Big Bend soft top
  11. Black Diamond soft top
  12. Big Bend soft top - stock order
We would expect orders 1, 2, 4, 7, 10 to be built this year, with the rest of the orders built in 2022.

But let's say you are order #4 and you have the tow package, while order #11 does not have a tow package. If the tow package becomes constrained and Ford cannot built your order... #11 might be built instead of your order, and you will be bumped to 2022.

Now let's pretend you are order #11. Even though you are soft top order #5, you will still be bumped to 2022, as Ford has committed to building all of the "bad batch" hard tops this year.
Wait. What happened to "#7 and #10?

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At some point in the fall Ford will finish 2021 scheduling. If your soft top order is not built in 2021 it will be early 2022 unless your order is a 2.7, lux package, towing, safari bar, Sasquatch order. Those could push it further into 2022. The only constrain that has a known timeline is hard top orders without a vin are 2022s. The rest is in the mystery algorithm that is ford scheduling.
Right. But are we going to get official word on when/if we are changed over? Or just expected to follow rumors and forum lawyers until our magical bronco (hopefully) shows up?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If weā€™re following strictly following the rules, yes you are correct. They would wait on your build.

In realityā€¦ Ford isnā€™t making money unless they are manufacturing and shipping vehicles. The allocations are ultimately just estimates, so if they have capacity to build your vehicle they will. They wonā€™t let assembly sit idle just because dealers have given their full allocations for the year.
If your dealers allocation is filled (5) under the current process you wonā€™t get your bronco until 2022. You should be the first 2022 they receive unless Ford changes the allocation process.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford never said anything about guaranteeing soft top builds and would have been very foolish to do so. They said you have a much better chance of getting your Bronco in 21 if you switched to a soft top.

Edited to include relevant text from Ford email.
Screenshot_20210814-081604.png
Ford never guaranteed anything about anything related to this launch, but a large percentage of folks on this page think they did.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To answer the question. For me, YES. I changed to 4 door and soft top on 3 June and got my VIN on August 12th with a build week of August 30th. Rolled the dice and won. Not buying any lottery tickets, don't want to mess this luck up. Good luck to everyone else. (y)

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s my understanding that everyone with a VIN will be a 2021.

Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They should just throw soft tops on all those in purgatory and send them to dealers for stock and drive the ADM down to MSRP. Once all the fools are done overpaying we can stop worrying about getting fcked by the dealers.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should just throw soft tops on all those in purgatory and send them to dealers for stock and drive the ADM down to MSRP. Once all the fools are done overpaying we can stop worrying about getting fcked by the dealers.
That wouldnā€™t make a dent in the demand and wouldnā€™t change the ADM situation, if anything it would probably promote it moreā€¦..

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That's what I was wondering. Thank you!