First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is that you would have to turn the Bronco off, lock all the doors and then open and close each door individually from the inside, before getting out. That should theoretically leave each door unlocked and the rear door locked. Might be a pain in the butt. But also I think if you just did the front 2 doors that would probably enough. I don't see a thief trying only the back door and not the front thus leading to them cutting the top. Also maybe there is a way for Forscan to accomplish what you want.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that you would have to turn the Bronco off, lock all the doors and then open and close each door individually from the inside, before getting out. That should theoretically leave each door unlocked and the rear door locked. Might be a pain in the butt. But also I think if you just did the front 2 doors that would probably enough. I don't see a thief trying only the back door and not the front thus leading to them cutting the top. Also maybe there is a way for Forscan to accomplish what you want.
Just tested that out. It works perfect! Thanks!

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just tested that out. It works perfect! Thanks!
You are welcome! Glad it worked! May not be the best solution but until some one comes up with a better one it will work. I am also worried about people cutting my top but it is a risk I am willing to take until some one comes out with a hard top that doesn't suck.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are welcome! Glad it worked! May not be the best solution but until some one comes up with a better one it will work. I am also worried about people cutting my top but it is a risk I am willing to take until some one comes out with a hard top that doesn't suck.
So, isn't there a door unlock button in the console? Once in the truck, can't the tailgate (and all doors) be unlocked with the button?

OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, isn't there a door unlock button in the console? Once in the truck, can't the tailgate (and all doors) be unlocked with the button?
Damn! Thanks for ruining it for me. I didn't figure it would unlock without the key inside or nearby. Safer with the doors off since the unlock button is on the door.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn! Thanks for ruining it for me. I didn't figure it would unlock without the key inside or nearby. Safer with the doors off since the unlock button is on the door.
Not sure about the Bronco, but after a certain amount of time on some vehicles, the interior electronic door locks (which are on the doors, not on the console) are deactivated. This prevents someone from snaking in a wire and hitting an unlock button to gain access to the vehicle.

In this case, you could leave the doors unlocked (or the windows down, or some of the doors off), but still lock the vehicle with the fob, securing the cargo storage cage, but allowing someone easy access to the interior of the vehicle.

The other reason why one should lock the vehicle (with the fob) is that it activates the anti-theft system. The system interprets the lock request as a "and don't let the engine start until I come back and unlock/disarm the system first."

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure about the Bronco, but after a certain amount of time on some vehicles, the interior electronic door locks (which are on the doors, not on the console) are deactivated. This prevents someone from snaking in a wire and hitting an unlock button to gain access to the vehicle.

In this case, you could leave the doors unlocked (or the windows down, or some of the doors off), but still lock the vehicle with the fob, securing the cargo storage cage, but allowing someone easy access to the interior of the vehicle.

The other reason why one should lock the vehicle (with the fob) is that it activates the anti-theft system. The system interprets the lock request as a "and don't let the engine start until I come back and unlock/disarm the system first."
OK. Guess I'll have to play with it once I get mine (next week??).

Greener

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1960 VW Double Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just daydreaming here...

It would be great for one of the aftermarket producers of security roll-out/fold-out pick-up truck tonneau covers to jump into the Bronco secure enclosure game. Using a similar mechanism to those used on the beds of trucks, it seems they could come up with a locking cover that not only covers the cargo area (including behind the rear seats), but also folds out of the way quickly (including the "pass-through panel behind the rear seats). It'd be nice if it would still allow door storage in the back.
Sponsored