First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'm now considering a soft top with a later upgrade to a body color painted modular hard top. We all know why. I hadn't considered the soft top until now.

So, my question is: Isn't the soft top vulnerable to easy break in/theft with the removable panels? Yes, yes, yes, I know someone could cut through the soft top or its windows, but these panels are completely removable from the OUTSIDE. Christ, someone could steal the entire soft top for sale, or for addition to their hard top 4-door. šŸ¤Æ

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone can also smash a window on a hardtopā€¦ donā€™t leave valuables in-sight or get a locking solution to secure goods. Iā€™d recommend this for either soft top or hard topā€¦

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buy the security drawer. I got it and that thing is pretty strong. No one will waste the time to try to get into it and it's bolted to the bronco so they can't take the whole thing out. Thieves want to be in and out quickly
So I'm now considering a soft top with a later upgrade to a body color painted modular hard top. We all know why. I hadn't considered the soft top until now.

So, my question is: Isn't the soft top vulnerable to easy break in/theft with the removable panels? Yes, yes, yes, I know someone could cut through the soft top or its windows, but these panels are completely removable from the OUTSIDE. Christ, someone could steal the entire soft top for sale, or for addition to their hard top 4-door. šŸ¤Æ

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This topic again?

Ford Bronco Soft Top Security? IMG_0841.GIF

Sponsored
OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dude, soft top and security are an oxymoron. :cautious:
Dude, I think I acknowledged that in my post. I have a Mustang GT Convertible... I get it. But some guy in your parking lot casually pulling off the soft top could be the owner, while a guy with a knife slashing his way in will attract attention. All the pieces of the soft top, undamaged, are a valuable commodity. Just thought Ford could have put release mechanisms for the side/rear panels on the inside.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Buy the security drawer. I got it and that thing is pretty strong. No one will waste the time to try to get into it and it's bolted to the bronco so they can't take the whole thing out. Thieves want to be in and out quickly
Good advice, to be sure. But that won't prevent theft of the whole soft top. I'm sure that would sell for a pretty penny on ebay. Might as well make it harder to steal in tact with internal latches of some sort.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People break in to housesā€¦just saying
Yeah, but I won't be sleeping in my Bronco with my Glock nearby. šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored
OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, I think I acknowledged that in my post. I have a Mustang GT Convertible... I get it. But some guy in your parking lot casually pulling off the soft top could be the owner, while a guy with a knife slashing his way in will attract attention. All the pieces of the soft top, undamaged, are a valuable commodity. Just thought Ford could have put release mechanisms for the side/rear panels on the inside.
The soft top is just a risk; no way around it. No, it isn't the quickest thing to remove without interior access, but it isn't hard either.

The Bronco is worth a ton, is popular, and will be a target all over. We all have a risk tolerance, but in no way should anyone convince themselves that everything will be ok.

Heck, better hope they don't take the entire truck and be careful of carjackings at the gas stations too.

Garage keeping your Bronco should help to minimize exposure to top slashing and stealing, but urban parking, parking decks, and something like a movie theater will be interesting places for a soft top Bronco.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, but I won't be sleeping in my Bronco with my Glock nearby. šŸ˜Ž
So whatā€™s the concern? Are you planning to leave your Glock in the vehicle and worried it may get stolen? If so then why even carry if itā€™s in the vehicle? If not then itā€™s a non issue? Iā€™m confusedā€¦keep valuables with you and you're GTG.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Toccoa