First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soft tops get slashed and hard tops get smashed. Just don't leave anything in the open. I've had a soft top Jeep for almost 10 years now with no issues but I leave nothing inside and the doors are unlocked 24/7. I'd rather someone just pop the door and find nothing vs slash the top and still find nothing.

Only difference is if I had a hard top I would actually lock the doors. Breaking a window makes more noise than slicing a top which can be a deterrent to some.

And stealing the whole top? You need to take a look at how they mount, you'd destroy it trying to rip it off. There is way more hardware and fasteners than you'd think holding a soft top together.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good advice, to be sure. But that won't prevent theft of the whole soft top. I'm sure that would sell for a pretty penny on ebay. Might as well make it harder to steal in tact with internal latches of some sort.
don't think you need to be super concerned with that. Like I said, thieves want to be in and out asap. It won't take seconds to steal an entire top and if it does happen insurance should cover it. Just stick one of these on there. It's kind like the people that put a security system sign on their front yard, yet they don't have any Security. Most people will not risk getting caught and would move on to something easier. Besides, if someone is hell bent on robbing your jeep even a hard top won't stop them

Ford Bronco Soft Top Security? 1624743987065

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curious why no one is concerned about the spare tire being stolen 🤔
I hear that the bumpers just unbolt and slide off. 🤫

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this comes up quite often here, personally I see it no less of a risk than a hard top, it's quick, quiet and easy to pop a car window, takes less than 30 sec to pop and grab what ever valuable thing somebody was stupid enough to leave in the car. Plenty videos on youtube. They use emergency window breakers and the window just falls into little pieces.
Probably takes longer to cut a soft top window (and even longer to take it out completely) and then you're only in the trunk area. Don't ever leave valuables in there, no matter what top you have. Or get some lockable box.

Just think about it, if you have the hard top, you might drive around w/o the panels on top, so wide open for anyone. Soft top you can at least close to keep bird shit out. Roof off? Might as well not lock the car.

You just can't leave valuables in a car, simple as that.

If I park in unknown areas I just open the clove compartment and center console, so anyone can see there's nothing of value in there.

Neither top will prevent a theft, so get the one you want or like best. Let insurance deal with the rest.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear that the bumpers just unbolt and slide off. 🤫
I’ll bite…i heard there’s complete vehicles being stolen 🤫 i mean, why just take parts? Take the whole damn thing 😂👍

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Op must have confused this with FB. We try to be friendly and helpful here.
Sponsored