First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, I am very sorry if there is an existing thread about this that I missed. I have been off of the site for several weeks/months. If this is the case then please direct me to the right thread and feel free to ignore/delete this one.

My roof is melting in the Texas heat. This afternoon I had an hour long meeting and had to leave the Bronco in an uncovered parking lot. Shouldn’t be that big of a deal. It is kept in the garage when I am home. After the meeting while driving back home the inner lining of the roof landed on my head. It appears that the adhesive holding the lining together has melted and separated from the main roof fabric on the area above the front seats. The rear seat area is close to falling as well, and when I touched it the fabrics slid from side to side.

Has anyone experienced this yet and/or is this a known flaw? Seems like a HUGE issue…and it isn’t even July/Aug in Texas yet. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but fascinated to know if this has happened to others.

8A48A1F9-134B-4943-923F-1EC7269B7A1D.png
That sucks, but at least warranty should cover it. I am in Oklahoma and while it is parked in the garage at home, parking at work is uncovered and in direct sun, but I have not had this either.
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We know there was a small design change to the soft top in the way the clips attach, maybe at the MY21/22 change over, or maybe even the MY22.5 change over. I wonder if this delamination issue was fixed then too.

Higgspeed

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 F-100 / 72 F-250 / 97 F-250 / 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My cousin's Soft-Top Big Bend (Purchased in October 2021) started doing this a few weeks back and is getting worse. Brought it to my dealer and it will be fixed under warranty. Service Dept says Ford has noticed this and is using a new adhesive for these fabric panels. Parts and Service and currently trying to get their hands on said adhesive.

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My cousin's Soft-Top Big Bend (Purchased in October 2021) started doing this a few weeks back and is getting worse. Brought it to my dealer and it will be fixed under warranty. Service Dept says Ford has noticed this and is using a new adhesive for these fabric panels. Parts and Service and currently trying to get their hands on said adhesive.
This is good info, and I hope that my dealer has somehow gotten ahold of it. Though I assume - based on previous experience - that they probably have no idea.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm beginning to think Ford shouldn't have tried to reinvent the wheel. My wife's Rubicon has a hard and soft top that are flawless and perfect. Ford needs to suck it up and copy both.
That's right! The solution all along was to just build a Jeep replica! <sarcasm emoji>

Seriously...it's a different vehicle so it needed a different top.

Sponsored

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in Florida and my Bronco is always parked outside (wifes car gets the garage). So far no issues with the top, but now I'm worried, lol.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wizard of Oz! Sorry to see this!
Ford Bronco Soft top separating / splitting / tearing issue!?! (Update. It got even worse!!) giphy-4

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between this and the hard top delaminating, eso es no bueno. I have been seeking shade wherever possible as my ST too is now showing some infancy stages of this; when it gets hot, it feels like I can just peel it back like a 🍌

Plaidfinger

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4 Door Sasquatch, 2021 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The sound deadening material on my hard top started peeling off the 2nd day I had it. Same, thing, the adhesive looked like it was melting. I pressed it back up and it immediately started peeling off again. Strands of adhesive still connected to roof and fabric, looks like a pizza commercial;)

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm beginning to think Ford shouldn't have tried to reinvent the wheel. My wife's Rubicon has a hard and soft top that are flawless and perfect. Ford needs to suck it up and copy both.
Sort of. The JLs are notorious for draining water onto your lap when you open the door after a rain. Both of mine also had some early issues with the sound deadening on the hard top. They came from the factory doing the pizza thing right away. However, they self corrected after firmly pushing on them a few times.

But your point is valid- nothing like the bronco. Both the soft top and MIC had too many issues to be ignored.

Sponsored

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The sound deadening material on my hard top started peeling off the 2nd day I had it. Same, thing, the adhesive looked like it was melting. I pressed it back up and it immediately started peeling off again. Strands of adhesive still connected to roof and fabric, looks like a pizza commercial;)
Yup. What I thought was lining is actually the extra sound deadening strips. In one day it went from me not even noticing it it to falling almost completely off in one spot and peeling off everywhere else. I pressed it back up around noon (about when I posted this thread), and now it is on my head again.

Apparently the Elmers they use at the factory doesn’t work long term. Who knew?!?

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sort of. The JLs are notorious for draining water onto your lap when you open the door after a rain. Both of mine also had some early issues with the sound deadening on the hard top. They came from the factory doing the pizza thing right away. However, they self corrected after firmly pushing on them a few times.

But your point is valid- nothing like the bronco. Both the soft top and MIC had too many issues to be ignored.
All of this is true. I dreaded opening my JK door after a rain…guaranteed wet pants. But the Bronco top issues are just comedy at this point.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's right! The solution all along was to just build a Jeep replica! <sarcasm emoji>

Seriously...it's a different vehicle so it needed a different top.
Seriously a quality top, same with the MIC. A $60K top. Like ya know!! I would love to see the test results of this, all the results.
Sponsored