Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope, its for orders that don't match the reservation holders name, doesn't matter why. I'm sure there will be some margin of error before punishment as there will be legitimate deals fall apart.
That seems crazy to me that there would be penalties on the dealerships if the reservation holder backs out of the order. While the system does appear like it could be gamed if you really worked at it...there will be those that don't follow through on their orders. I hope there there aren't penalties for legitimate orders that fall apart.
Sponsored

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That seems crazy to me that there would be penalties on the dealerships if the reservation holder backs out of the order. While the system does appear like it could be gamed if you really worked at it...there will be those that don't follow through on their orders. I hope there there aren't penalties for legitimate orders that fall apart.
That does seem odd as well.

I'll buy your order! Haha I need 2 color FE's in my life.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Penalties seem to be there to ensure a higher close rate on the orders, customer satisfaction, and reduce dealer markup. I believe there would be a ton of shenanigans if the whole process was left solely to the dealers. I think customer satisfaction is a top priority for Ford right now.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So with the fact that reservations are closed for the FE, if someone cancells before they order does that mean someone else could get a reservation for an FE?? If so how would anyone know that reservations opened back up for the FE??

I have a feeling they won't and cancelled FE orders will be made anyway and allocated to high volume dealers.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So with the fact that reservations are closed for the FE, if someone cancells before they order does that mean someone else could get a reservation for an FE?? If so how would anyone know that reservations opened back up for the FE??

I have a feeling they won't and cancelled FE orders will be made anyway and allocated to high volume dealers.
Yes, I believe cancelled orders or reservations will still be built until they hit the 7k total FE #. Any not bought through the reservation process will eventually end up on a dealer lot.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the way it has to be, otherwise people (dealers and customers) will order both reservations, people that aren't really serious will order, and those that really want one will wait that much longer due to all these orders, dealers would come out fine as the backed out of units will sell at a premium, but reservations holders won't be thrilled seeing units in stock when they still have months to wait for a VIN number.

I'm sure Ford will allow a reasonable amount to be backed out of, they're not looking to punish dealers, but they have to do something to discourage double ordering/fake ordering/brokering. Speaking of brokering, I'm rather surprised we haven't seen anything about brokering yet, that's been a problem in the past, where they start publishing lists of names dealers can't sell to (customers that buy units for resale/export, happened a lot with Raptors going to the middle east).

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I believe cancelled orders or reservations will still be built until they hit the 7k total FE #. Any not bought through the reservation process will eventually end up on a dealer lot.
It's a shame they don't have a wait list for cancelled FE reservations and are filled on the order they were received. Some of these FEs will end up sitting on dealer lots with $20k ADMs.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's a shame they don't have a wait list for cancelled FE reservations and are filled on the order they were received. Some of these FEs will end up sitting on dealer lots with $20k ADMs.
Maybe, depends how bad the navy pier ends up looking ?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

see how it feels to be a scalper on ebay... or you could list it in the marketplace

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those that claim there are penalties have been pretty vague. Like many other things, dealers will be looking out for their own interests before ours. I doubt the penalties are as severe as being suggested and with all Ford has going on won't likely have the resources to focus on such things. Like has been stated, there will be many deals that go sour, especially those that are waiting a long time for their Bronco.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Penalties seem to be there to ensure a higher close rate on the orders, customer satisfaction, and reduce dealer markup. I believe there would be a ton of shenanigans if the whole process was left solely to the dealers. I think customer satisfaction is a top priority for Ford right now.
If the penalties are really that severe, perhaps I should ask for an additional $500 off or I'm walking?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the penalties are really that severe, perhaps I should ask for an additional $500 off or I'm walking?
i am pretty sure thats extortion lol
definition: the practice of obtaining something , especially a bronco, through force or threats.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Due to an error in the reservation system on release night I ended up with 2 FE reservations. I originally was keeping one for a buddy, but it's looking like he may not go through with the purchase now. Who's got a creative idea as to what I should do with the extra reservation?

One idea i had: I'm thinking of transferring my reservations to Granger (waiting for B&P or transfer deadline to decide for certain). Maybe I'll let them order what they want with the extra one and keep it since they have been so good to everyone on here. (if they want it)

Note: Everyone on here realizes you can't transfer reservations...so just no.

How I got 2 FE reservations: I reserved an FE on release night, got an email confirmation saying I reserved a Badlands, made another reservation for an FE...error corrected by Ford later on....ended up with 2 FE Reservations. I'm 99.99% positive this error led to them doubling the FE reservations to 7,000.
see how it feels to be a scalper on ebay... or you could list it in the marketplace
I agree with @Fordboi , if you can get approved to 2 loans (unless your a Richie rich) take both and sell one of them.

Keep it classy, make a couple grand profit and have some play money... Just don't tell the wife ;)

Edit: By classy I mean MSRP. Not cool to take advantage of a fellow Bronco Brother.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cancel your reservation and sleep well at night. My$0.02
Sponsored