Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i am pretty sure thats extortion lol
definition: the practice of obtaining something , especially a bronco, through force or threats.
I'd call it negotiation. Isn't that part of any car buying process? All they can say is yes or no.
Sponsored

Pablo

First Edition
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I also had two FE reservations, one for the Sport the other for a Full-Size Bronco. Perhaps, I wasn't smart, but I canceled the Sport straight away.
Good luck with your decision.

FE.png

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
if you aren't going to use the res just cancel it. Can't be transferred.
KISS
KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If the penalties are really that severe, perhaps I should ask for an additional $500 off or I'm walking?
That's not gonna work for x plan or any Granger type deal. Maybe you could try that if you were at MSRP, but once you and the dealer agree to a price and order the thing you're not gonna have a easy time demanding another $500 off.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Buy it and raffle it off for charity.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's not gonna work for x plan or any Granger type deal. Maybe you could try that if you were at MSRP, but once you and the dealer agree to a price and order the thing you're not gonna have a easy time demanding another $500 off.
I realize X plan price is locked in, I've used it 11 times. My basic point is some dealers are saying the penalties are harsh, but not willing to state what they are. That casts a bit of doubt in my mind.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an extra FE reservation as well. My dealer said I could transfer it. But he's probably misinformed. I would sell it for some decent coin but it's not worth the hassle of buying a $70,000 truck and trying to resell it to someone just to make a few grand. The risk is greater than the reward. I'm 99% sure I'll just let mine go. Or if I get really crazy I'll take the FE and drop my Badlands...

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think a bunch of FE's will be getting canceled after folks get a good look at that Navy Pier interior. I have two FE'S on reserve, my wife said no way to her's if blue is only option. I'll probably switch to Wildtrak to get a Tan or Grey interior. Unless Ford pulls a Rabbit out of their hat, Navy Pier could be the death of the FE.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd call it negotiation. Isn't that part of any car buying process? All they can say is yes or no.
No, you already negotiated the price when you ordered your Bronco and put it in writing. Everybody here would flip the f out if a dealer wanted an extra $500 when you went to pick up your Bronco. Anybody who is openly thinking about this or advocating this idea should be banned from all group buys. I'll be damned if somebody is going to piss all over my hard work and give our group a bad name because they think they have some sort of leverage with these penalties. @Foordbrawnco @ColoradoGuy @EvlNvrDys @rcbickle

And to the OP with the 2nd FE reservation, best just to cancel it and save yourself a bunch of stress and headache.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, you already negotiated the price when you ordered your Bronco and put it in writing. Everybody here would flip the f out if a dealer wanted an extra $500 when you went to pick up your Bronco. Anybody who is openly thinking about this or advocating this idea should be banned from all group buys. I'll be damned if somebody is going to piss all over my hard work and give our group a bad name because they think they have some sort of leverage with these penalties. @Foordbrawnco @ColoradoGuy @EvlNvrDys @rcbickle

And to the OP with the 2nd FE reservation, best just to cancel it and save yourself a bunch of stress and headache.
Wait what? What did I do now?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@EvlNvrDys Nothing. Just tagged the people I know that are working on group buys as I would hate to see anyone's work ruined because somebody thinks they can strong arm a dealer after the fact.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@EvlNvrDys Nothing. Just tagged the people I know that are working on group buys as I would hate to see anyone's work ruined because somebody thinks they can strong arm a dealer after the fact.
First, I'm not part of any group buy. Second, I'm not planning to "strongarm" my dealer. My question was are the penalties to the dealer really severe as some are suggesting? They make that claim, yet won't back it up. That reply is a typical example of someone flipping out before understanding what someone else is trying to say.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the penalties are really that severe, perhaps I should ask for an additional $500 off or I'm walking?
At the risk of getting into a pissing match, what exactly were you trying to say that I misunderstood?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At the risk of getting into a pissing match, what exactly were you trying to say that I misunderstood?
I asked if the penalties are really that severe, why not ask for something and I used the figure of $500 to not walk away. If the penalty is really that severe, wouldn't a dealer be willing to offer a token to save the sale? By reading your reply, it sounds like you expect me to be planning on doing that which is not the case. I get the impression your angry with the op and may be jumping on anyone that seems to be supporting him in some way. I don't want to get into a pissing match either just for asking a question.
Sponsored