Sponsored

Solution to those who want to acknowledge fellow Broncos on the road!

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ve been tryinā€™ my damndest to get the ā€œAir Lassoā€ to be a thingā€¦ itā€™s hard to see when the top is on, or the window is closed.
Please no.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve been tryinā€™ my damndest to get the ā€œAir Lassoā€ to be a thingā€¦ itā€™s hard to see when the top is on, or the window is closed.
6Iew.gif

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me ask you...why do you feel the need to wave to strangers who happen to have the same car?

After it happens do you feel like you're part of a club or something?

Or is it just the need for validation of your choices from people who don't matter?
Well the way you wrote that you kinda sound like a jerk if im being honest. Validation is not a word or feeling that has never popped into my head so no that. Do I feel like im in a club? Nope. I do it because 1/2 the time the other person did it first so why leave them hanging? Like I said I lift a couple fingers off the wheel to say hi I dig your ride. You deliberately dont do it "to make people feel silly" so again, you just kinda sound like jerk.

Whatever. You asked.

Sponsored

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since Iā€™m from the south, and we just wave to be neighborlyā€¦ can I get a pass from whatever silly rule yā€™all come up with? Never realized that Jeep had a patent on being friendly.
Vermonters do the same, being raised as a Masshole it freaked me out when people wave yet 14 years later and it becomes habit to wave back. At least with the Bronco I feel it's an appreciation of the vehicle.

With that said I drive by pedestrians that keep waiving hysterically because they think I am a different Bronco. That annoys me for the other Bronco owner since they have a sweet lifted Wildtrak on 37's with a painted white hard top.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This forum is good for Bronco news a how-to's, and it's free.

I can ask and answer questions related to the Bronco, and find some good gear reviews so I don't have to buy 3 different GMRS radio's to find out which will work best for me.

Let me ask you...why do you feel the need to wave to strangers who happen to have the same car?

After it happens do you feel like you're part of a club or something?

Or is it just the need for validation of your choices from people who don't matter?
I'm not certain I can answer it for the person you responded to, but I can give you my answer. In a word yes. However, my waving started with the original Bronco... And as you can see from my avatar I still own mine. It was generally so rare to see an EB that the wave was more or less an acknowledgement of being in a special group of rare individuals who own the Early Bronco.

Now, since I was in the habit, it made sense to continue the habit with people who experience the same level of commitment to the Bronco that we all now share. If I {wave} or {nod} to you... Please, do not feel any obligation to do anything. It is just me, acknowledging your existence in a Bronco.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I see another Bronco on the road, I just roll down the window and yell really loud, "YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT A 2-DOOR YOU IDIOT!!! LOOK AT HOW MUCH COOLER MINE IS!!!"

Sometimes they do this funny wave but usually they just take off. Not always so friendly, those Bronco people.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone gets the boomblaster neigh...it removes weird hand signals. I don't care if you hear it or not, just know I acknowledged your presence.
This is my plan.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I see another Bronco on the road, I just roll down the window and yell really loud, "YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT A 2-DOOR YOU IDIOT!!! LOOK AT HOW MUCH COOLER MINE IS!!!"

Sometimes they do this funny wave but usually they just take off. Not always so friendly, those Bronco people.
So you acknowledge the 4 door as a Bronco ! HA! We caught you and you have now been booted from the 2 door club.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I point and give an approving nod with a stupid grin on my face.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first Jeeps were by 3 companies, including Ford. The first waves were done by military veterans. I have a Ford and am retired Army. The wave is more mine than most who pass me in a Jeep. I donā€™t care if itā€™s Jeep, Bronco or other off road vehicles. I still wave.

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whatever you do, itā€™s cooler than that lame biker under-wave.
Lame bike underwave? The two fingers down of respect given to other fellow bikers on the road who put up with people in cages who endanger us all. Cheeky old man has a thing against respect apparently. Probably cuts off bikers while driving 35 in the fast lane with his blinker on for 45 miles.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here in the Iowa I wave at Jeep's (not many real šŸ˜2dr bronco) but they pretend not to see me it's kinda funny.
Sponsored