BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have two and mine are tens of thousands apart...with the higher number being the first reservation...
There is no conventional logic; I've even found the same reservation number tied to two different people across the country..

Ford has a mess to fix.

No idea how they'll explain to someone in an email: "We're sorry we gave your reservation to another person, please place a new reservation."
Sponsored

Last edited:

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservation numbers aren't sequential. I was one of the first ones in the gate and by the math in the first post my Bronco would be the 5069th one built.

We don't know if there's a way to decode the actual sequence number.
Badlands?

Just seeing if the 5 in your number means anything.

There is no conventional logic; I've even found the same reservation number tied to two different people across the country..

Ford has a mess to fix.

No idea how they'll explain to someone in an email: "We're sorry we gave your reservation to another person, please place a new reservation."
Guess we need to check our credit card statements for the missing hondo...

Toogrady

First Edition
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My reservation went in at 6AM on 7/14. My number of 10115XXX.

That seems weird IF you were in around 11:00 PM on the 13th.

I wonder if the numbers have anything to do with the model choice - like the 9 being FE.
Yeah, that is a good point. Maybe that digit is the model indicator. With the glitchy system, who knows? I placed my reservation, and almost immediately received a confirmation email. The picture is from my confirmation email, indicating 6:43 pacific time.
Ford Bronco Some math to find out delivery timeline for your Bronco 1595050922191

OP
OP
BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

47x

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s doubtful they’re sequential as that would provide data on production numbers to their competitors. I’d say they’re random and they’ll use things like time stamps, names to generate an actual count by model. I’d look at the reservation number and the data you entered as more of a confirmation number. The magic of cloud analytics And machine learning will allow them to figure out supply and demand for specific models and trims as well as any other data they collect from us will be used for targeted marketing.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder how many First Editions they actually sold. It would be interesting to know if they stopped exactly at 3500 or went over figuring they would have cancellations and folks switching packages. I finally reserved one after two hours of site crashing. Received number 101261xx.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i admit 150k is probably an extreme overestimation, but 8k is wàaaaay too low. this site alone has a spreadsheet tracking 2,000 reservations hidden in a different section that hasn't been updated since monday. if there were only 8k reservations they might very well be able to crank that out in a month or 3 and have dealer lots full by july, which i have a quote from a ford dealer conflicting. i'd say random guess maybe 15k bottom
If you’re listening to car salesmen at a volume car manufacturer‘s dealer, let me caution you to not do that.

Some dude at a dealership knows nothing, and I mean nothing. Ford doesn’t talk to them, that’s a very leaky ship. They know no more than you right now.

Dealerships want to build hype for guys like us (enthusiasts) for this truck in order to make you move faster, compromise more, and pay them more for the privilege to buy one. $50K is luxury car price point, man. Not a ton of people with that type of coin that aren’t in luxury car dealerships or looking for family haulers.

Bronco isn’t a vehicle built for hauling the kids soccer team. There’s no 3rd row, barely can hold a child seat, etc. Those car buyers can’t buy this vehicle.

Bronco is a toy for men and women who have the money, live active, and want to show that they do shit other than sit at home typing on the internet and watching Netflix.

That’s you, me, and most everyone on this forum, but not many others beyond this active population. Then keep in mind that many of these type of people are tied up paying for the Wrangler they financed over the past 3-5 years and can’t switch on day one.

I even know a ton of guys who won’t take a chance on a first year model; I share some concerns on that too.

Bronco will be popular, but it won’t sell 200K units in year one; more like by year 3 on the market.

Pre-ordering buyers who will actually complete the transaction will be fewer than 30K. If I am off on that, this would mean that Ford has a world beater. The off road market isn’t 400K vehicles annually. There will be some retraction.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Man, I just want mine by Memorial Day Weekend. That would be awesome.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Reservation numbers are 100% confirmed to not be sequential or even consecutive, so it’s not possible to determine the actual quantity by subtracting the lowest known reservation number from the highest known one.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey math dummy, when did you reserve? I was 2 days ago and I got #10131345 so with some quick math (in my head cuz I'm good like that) it only puts me like 30k in. So once again using quick math with your 158k production, my number is about 1/5 that. So your 400+ days is only like 90 days (1/5 of 450+ approx.) for me.. So looks like I'm all set ?
Are we sure the reservation numbers are sequential? I suspect there is more to them than a simple numbering system. I reserved the same day you did and my number is 100,000+ higher than yours

edit: I posted this before reading all the comments, you guys already pointed this out....

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s doubtful they’re sequential as that would provide data on production numbers to their competitors. I’d say they’re random and they’ll use things like time stamps, names to generate an actual count by model. I’d look at the reservation number and the data you entered as more of a confirmation number. The magic of cloud analytics And machine learning will allow them to figure out supply and demand for specific models and trims as well as any other data they collect from us will be used for targeted marketing.
This is just me wondering - and I get Ford has said they will build them in the order the reservations have been received, but Henry Ford would protest.

It would make more economical sense to build each model version. The FE's all come with the same thing - so running those through first and then customizing the later parts seems to make more sense to me than Base with Sasquatch. Base. Black Diamond with Sasquatch. First Edition. Base. Wildtrak. Base. etc.

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco , Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what I've been reading on this forum you can change your trim when you place your order later this year.
Do you think changing your model will reset your reservation number? Thus pushing back your delivery date.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think changing your model will reset your reservation number? Thus pushing back your delivery date.
I have absolutely no idea. If I had to guess it wouldn’t, but you’d be better off asking Ford.
Sponsored