Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of curiosity, has anyone determined the difference between the stand-alone "hard top sound deadening headliner" option and the "additional sound deadening" included in the high package?
There’s a bunch of threads opining on that. No conclusive answers from Ford I believe.

Deleted member 13702

Anyone know of this is included in any of the packages, I think the high package says additional sound deadening? One of those things I'm not sure I need until after I get my vehicle.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I should take a picture of the headliner in the back of my Escape. After the second time my Escape was damaged with hail, the paintless dent fixer said “who ever fixed your Escape last time damaged your headliner”. It was “cracked” wrinkled across the entire back between the two buttons that hold it in place. Two points that were of interest.

1. They fixed it the first time!

2. Who cares? I’m not laying on my backside in the Escape like back in the old days! I never noticed it and to this day, never bothers me. Let’s worry about the stuff that actually matters.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know of this is included in any of the packages, I think the high package says additional sound deadening? One of those things I'm not sure I need until after I get my vehicle.
This is different than the additional sound deadening material in the high (?) package.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That looks pretty good in that picture, actually. If I can't get a white top, I need something to stop the heat from the black top in Florida.
Note: I think he’s holding two back to back. Thats a single on on the table ans the back side on the left (with the reflective layer).
E593C817-8A18-47DC-B318-331D71ACC0EE.jpeg
Unfortunately the Ford version does not appear to have a reflective backing, unless it is hidden. Without a reflective backing it will do nothing to stop heat gain.

Zack is on the right path with the Hothead product, thats the way I'm going.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the complaint forum so it's expected . I'll be getting it just for the finished look on the inside more so than sound deadening but it should do fairly well for some heat/sound rejection . I said in a very early thread that it would probably be a molded to shape Bedrug type product to offer better coverage than the patchwork aftermarket products . Seriously people should just get what they like best and stop with the over the top bitching about pre-production pictures . I sold many Bedrug liners over the years and they are excellent for not retaining water or odors , stains mildew etc. I've had customers haul their dead deer out of the woods and the blood just washed right out with no stains or odors left at all . The material also quietens the noise from the bed drastically .

Thank you Ford and Bronco Nation for trying to get pics and info out here for us all .
Thanks for the common sense, level headed and informative post. They seem to be few and far between on this forum any longer. It’s pleasant to read a post that has a positive and coherent perspective. Again, thanks.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haters gotta hate...lol, every time we see a snippet of some new part of the Bronco you can count on someone jumping on being overly critical of said part. Just throwing this out there peeps, but remember preproduction, so they can test fit and finish on production prior to starting actual production. That being said, thanks for posting the pics, I’ve been curious about how it would look, material, and color and this answered it for me.
I disagree, I think ford is trying to get buy with the problems that they are having with producing the tops. I'm sure they are import specific issues and cant get these items because of what's going on in the world which is understandable. The preproduction pictures were definitely not this. This really feels like a Band-Aid to me, but what else are they going to do. With all the deaths and lack of things to do, just let people do what they want. They need something to do so let me ... cough cough. them! lol. BITC---Complain. Agree to Disagree. lol

Last edited:

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know if anyone knows, but will this come down around the windows in the rear? I know Hotheads sells extra pieces to accomplish that, but since the coverage in the front panels is fairly complete, does that extend to the rear also? Cannot really tell from these pictures, they are pretty dark (and that would be black interior, poor lighting, etc, to see anyway).

Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its
To me it looks like it was cut kinda wonky, if you zoom in on the pics, the straight edges are not straight. Also does not appear to be very thick or insulating, looks like felt they glued to the tops; not sure how that would qualify as sound deadening.
Strange thing is that in the third picture there are two panels my guess left and right.The one on the ground the edges are straight and look near perfect but the one in the bronco boot area has that one wonkey edge so I wonder if its actually just how the edges have been glued to the roof.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of curiosity, has anyone determined the difference between the stand-alone "hard top sound deadening headliner" option and the "additional sound deadening" included in the high package?
There’s a bunch of threads opining on that. No conclusive answers from Ford I believe.
Really? I could have sworn somewhere Ford said the additional sound deadening was in the doors. Maybe I’m making that up.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually like the way these cover the whole top area. I don't doubt that the HH liners are good but I don't like the incomplete look. Also the sun here in AZ is brutal, we had 50+ days of 110 this past summer. I can not see the HH liners not falling off in this heat. At least the factory ones will come with a warrantee if/when they let go.
Sponsored