Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Definitely not a hardcore off-roader, but some of you are. What are the situations where the various gearing ratios will be optimal? For a daily driver with 34.5” what makes the most sense for economy, drivebility(shifts), etc? If Ford allows specing 34.5” tires, do you expect they fit on standard bronco or upgrade package would be needed to accommodate? Worth buying larger tires/lift from the dealer to avoid recalibration and for warranty?
Sponsored

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any tire Ford allows you to spec will 100% not need any additional lift or accessories to accommodate.

If you do want to get bigger tires that aren't going to be offered by Ford (from what it looks like 37"+) it's probably smart to have them installed at the dealer or tire rack/discount tire to get the TPMS calibrated.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure tire size will be paired with the correct gear ratio depending on transmission choice if you only want one of the factory size options for normal street driving. If you plan to go bigger, get the lowest gears you can. I plan on more offroad use, so I will try to get the lowest gears I can regardless of tire size.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one gear option that was the lowest was also noted with the front and rear locker. I hope you can get that with the 33in tires and it is not exclusive to the 35's. I am aiming for the 33's as I think that is a good mix for me but would like to have the lockers if possible. If the lockers are with x gear and x gear is with x tire size...might be kind of bummed.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The one gear option that was the lowest was also noted with the front and rear locker. I hope you can get that with the 33in tires and it is not exclusive to the 35's. I am aiming for the 33's as I think that is a good mix for me but would like to have the lockers if possible. If the lockers are with x gear and x gear is with x tire size...might be kind of bummed.
I plan to have my own tires put on by the dealer before I take delivery and hope I can get the gears and lockers I want with the cheaper tires, since I'll be eating that cost. Not counting on it though.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
im wondering if front lockers are STANDARD in the 4.7 rear and optional on the other 2. that’s why It’s listed that way.
you can have open/LSD/lockers as a choice,
Sponsored