First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
im not saying its refined but i bet they could charge 80,000 and sell every one of them before the bronco even comes out and 2% will leave the 33s on there .
The problem is that you’re going to start having a problem with giving mooses muffins...

If you’ve got a 500 HP V8 with a bog-standard Dana 44? And you start adding 37’s/gears/etc? Somethings gonna break.

Just out of curiousity I did some looking about V8 converted JK’s and axles. With the 6.4 swaps AEV (they do almost all the aftermarket wrangler V8’s) recommends Dana 60s. Now keep in mind as well... most of the 6.4’s they are swapping probably aren’t the 392 with almost 500 horsepower, they’re probably truck motors. I’d say just based on that alone the 392 doesn’t have the running gear it really needs, and Jeep either expects people to have them as mall crawlers or completely gut them. Which is fine, but I like vehicles that are badass from the factory. Hence my basetrak build which is both going to be fast and capable from the factory.

also one last edit; just for reference. The rear axle on the 392 Wrangler is probably 95% the exact same axle that comes on the BASE spec $29k Bronco. Yes it’s the Mojave with thicker axle tubes but the gears and shafts are not upgraded from what I understand.

Last edited:

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thing will fly through the desert.

Most of my 4 wheeling is not in the desert so I think I am fine with a Sasquatch.
But for this times I am in the desert it would be nice. I bet it can take the trails there 50% faster then a normal bronco.
On the other side there will be trails warthog will be too wide to fit on.
It is impressive wether or not it is for you.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Warthog is looking very nice, a great addition to the Bronco family.

What is very interesting is the timing of the appearance of these photos. Professionally done, close ups of important items, released to the rabid Bronco enthusiast community, very interesting.

Motivations?
  • Prime the pump for Warthog sales?
  • Jeep 392 slayer?
  • Give the Bronco community something more to discuss with the Bronco delay?
  • Reduce the number of Bronco sales to help with manufacturing constraints for those that want to wait for the Warthog?
What is your theory?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thing will fly through the desert.

Most of my 4 wheeling is not in the desert so I think I am find with a Sasquatch.
But for this times I am in the desert it would be nice. I bet it can take the trails there 50% faster then a normal bronco.
On the other side there will be trails warthog will be too wide to fit on.
It is impressive wether or not it is for you.
I’m just curious what the plans are beyond the warthog. I was told by a little birdy way back when that Bronco prototypes were built with both SFA and IFS. I was also told that it would be a relatively simple SFA conversion... I have no idea if this is true or not but this source had other information that turned out true. I could see ford doing some crazy SFA beast for the most hardcore rock crawling in the future too. Will be interesting to see.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Motivations?
  • Prime the pump for Warthog sales?
  • Jeep 392 slayer?
  • Give the Bronco community something more to discuss with the Bronco delay?
  • Reduce the number of Bronco sales to help with manufacturing constraints for those that want to wait for the Warthog?
What is your theory?
Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires 77AFEF0A-5FF8-47AC-9D51-30B56B1BE2D4

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow D load 37s!

Did we ever confirm the load for sas? One would think E, but sometimes these tires are specifically made for manufacturers at C load, when all the competitors have E. If Wathog is D, i would think sas is definitely not E, and probably a D, potentially C. Here I am shopping E loads 33s to fit the OBX 18 rims UGHHH

Double D's my friend. Double D's.....

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow D load 37s!

Did we ever confirm the load for sas? One would think E, but sometimes these tires are specifically made for manufacturers at C load, when all the competitors have E. If Wathog is D, i would think sas is definitely not E, and probably a D, potentially C. Here I am shopping E loads 33s to fit the OBX 18 rims UGHHH
What is so impressive/significant about the D load 37s? I am genuinely asking.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The hell with the Warthog we can’t even get the regular Broncos ready in time ?‍♂.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everytime I see one of these I want to keep the price of my "regular Bronco" build down. I will be sick if I spend $50-55k and then this thing is attainable for under $60k.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everytime I see one of these I want to keep the price of my "regular Bronco" build down. I will be sick if I spend $50-55k and then this thing is attainable for under $60k.
The cool thing about a Bronco/Jeep is that aftermarket shit will be way cooler than anything the OEM puts out. The warthog will be a badass piece of kit for sure but for the $10k you save by buying a cheaper version... you can put $10k worth of suspension work.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I may have missed this but why are the calling it Warthog? .. doesn’t have much to do with a horse. Or Bronco

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may have missed this but why are the calling it Warthog? .. doesn’t have much to do with a horse. Or Bronco
If you’ve ever heard of “survivorship bias” the A-10 warthog is a prime example of NOT exemplifying that. Because they survive anything.
Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires 054434EA-2FC8-4EA6-B4CD-6DE996B8CBBE

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires 5B3E3CA5-77DA-4305-9606-4F3427C447BA

The Bronco warthog being a W I D E B O I and presumably durable takes after the A-10 in some ways. Also it just sounds cool.