Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve had the front sound issue as well, i will try to add something between it tomorrow and report back. I also have a sound in the back as well on the driver side. @SilverStateBronco were you able to get to those bolts without taking the roof off?

I also have a American Adventure Lab shelf in the back, which I thought could have been the culprit but reading your post makes me think it’s what you are saying.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Idaho-Bronco

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My issues continue, I have taken off my rack and the water bottle squeaks remain. Going to return to my dealer until the issue is solved. Have some ideas of my own if they can’t solve it.

AIGAD

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds like the squeaky hardtop issue with the rear window. If thats the case, a little Krytox grease on the bottom seal of the window will fix it.

OP
OP
Idaho-Bronco

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds like the squeaky hardtop issue with the rear window. If thats the case, a little Krytox grease on the bottom seal of the window will fix it.
I’ve done this, and yes it solves the rear window rattles. My issues are coming front where the back cap mounts to the rollbar. Adding weather stripping to the swing gate also helps a lot

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On the inside?

Sponsored

AIGAD

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Between the window and tailgate
My issue sounds a lot like metal, but could you send a picture of what you mean? I’ll try it out tomorrow.

SilverStateBronco

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350. Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@itbesandrodoe I have an AAL shelf as well and their drawer system. For me it is definitely the brackets that hold the upper portion of the roof to the roll bar. I was able to get a torx bit end and used a wrench in there to tighten it. Most of the squeak seems to be fixed.

I also took my tent off the 1” tent risers. Doing this spread the weight across the whole rack and this solved another 90% of the sounds I was hearing.

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@itbesandrodoe I have an AAL shelf as well and their drawer system. For me it is definitely the brackets that hold the upper portion of the roof to the roll bar. I was able to get a torx bit end and used a wrench in there to tighten it. Most of the squeak seems to be fixed.

I also took my tent off the 1” tent risers. Doing this spread the weight across the whole rack and this solved another 90% of the sounds I was hearing.
I’ll try that tomorrow! You said you used lube correct?

AIGAD

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

SilverStateBronco

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350. Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll try that tomorrow! You said you used lube correct?
Yes, I just used spray silicone. Not sure long it will last. It was more of an easy way to test my theory than a permanent fix. But maybe it will last.

AIGAD

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My issues continue, I have taken off my rack and the water bottle squeaks remain. Going to return to my dealer until the issue is solved. Have some ideas of my own if they can’t solve it.
I get this squeak sound as well and have narrowed it down to the body mounted portion of the pakrax bracket and the hard top, making contact on the rearmost passenger side. Looking at my hardtop, the rear passenger corner seems to hug the body more than the driver's side. I attribute this to the hardtop being slightly out of spec...unless the roof rack is somehow squeezing that side in more. I dab a little dish soap at the point of contact after each rain or car wash and it eliminates the squeak.

As far as the noises coming from the front of the rack, I get those too and will be adding some UHMV tape between the wind deflector and side frames of the rack. I think one more crossbar at or near the front of the top of the rack might have helped to eliminate a lot of the flexing at the front angled part of the side pieces, which is causing the noises in the front.

OP
OP
Idaho-Bronco

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: found cracks on the latching points, compared to a fresh bronco and it doesn’t have these hairline cracks. Ordered the parts, hoping this is the fix.
Ford Bronco Squeaky TrailRax Roof rack 40FEC84D-B984-4FD5-A11D-55A63C17EBA0

970F6AB4-A985-486E-A6E9-A816571A9D07.jpeg

1F3D793E-3898-4472-91D3-4A22BB59B1B2.jpeg

B654729F-84A5-451F-BF7E-4E728CF9BBA2.jpeg
Sponsored