Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is in this date range. Just checked my coolant level and oil. Coolant is just above minimum line, which made me think it could be low, but the oil seems good and clear but had a faint odor of gas. Just chatted with service rep at the local dealer and rep suggested I could add a little water to bring the level up closer to the max line if it made it easier to monitor. Will just watch it closely. He also said the odor in the oil should not be a concern, but I’ve never had that before on a vehicle though.

These trucks come with a lot of worry for a new vehicle. Thinking I will get into the habit of checking fluid levels more often. Now off to torque my lug nuts. 🙄
Sponsored

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My bronco was also delivered with 54 miles on it so I think it may have had additional QC checks done to it which may account for some of the lag. I guess I will go check my oil/coolant anyway.
Mine showed up with almost 30 miles on it and a note that it received additional QC checks. It was delivered with a crushed wiring harness and the taillights didn’t work. So, yeah, I‘d check anyway.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SSM 51754 2023 Bronco/Ranger/Explorer - 2.3L Engine - Loss Of Coolant With Coolant In Oil - Built On 27-Mar-2023 And Through 18-May-2023
Some 2023 Bronco/Ranger/Explorer vehicles equipped with a 2.3L EcoBoost engine and built on 27-Mar-2023 and through 18-May-2023 may experience a loss of coolant with coolant in the oil. This may be caused by a cracked engine block. If this condition is present, replace the engine long block assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-01. For claiming use causal part number 6010 and applicable labor operations in Section 06 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
So I'm guessing these dates are the ENGINE build dates, not the vehicle blend/build dates.
Wonderful, I'm right smack in the middle of that date range according to the sticker on mine.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I'm guessing these dates are the ENGINE build dates, not the vehicle blend/build dates.
Wonderful, I'm right smack in the middle of that date range according to the sticker on mine.
At least you have your bronco...cracked long block or not

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me, too. 😥
I guess I should check the coolant level.

At least mine has the newer version transmission. But now I may have waited three years just to get one with a cracked block? 😞

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone found milky oil yet?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least you have your bronco...cracked long block or not
Right.... drive that bitch till it pukes!

Vehicle build date according to OASIS. They should have the affected engine batch to that date range.
Some how I missed this earlier. Still right in the midst....
built 4/10

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just put a Coyote in it

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My boss just picked on up the other day with a 5/18 blend.... ooof

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yikes, maybe it was a good thing my HE kept getting pushed back.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry but not recently. They have suffered the same type of lack of quality issues as all the others. Talking the 5.0 up to and including the Godzilla.
Okay 300 6 cyl then,had one in a 93 f150 legend has it ,still running 275,000 +

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SSM 51754 2023 Bronco/Ranger/Explorer - 2.3L Engine - Loss Of Coolant With Coolant In Oil - Built On 27-Mar-2023 And Through 18-May-2023
Some 2023 Bronco/Ranger/Explorer vehicles equipped with a 2.3L EcoBoost engine and built on 27-Mar-2023 and through 18-May-2023 may experience a loss of coolant with coolant in the oil. This may be caused by a cracked engine block. If this condition is present, replace the engine long block assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-01. For claiming use causal part number 6010 and applicable labor operations in Section 06 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
This is maddening, thanks for the heads-up.
Sponsored