Sponsored

Sta-bar Disconnect WARNING : FORD NOT COVERING KNOWN ISSUE IF YOUR VEHICLE IS MODIFIED

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, yes i understand my vehicle is heavily modified. We have 2 broncos an FE 4 door thats still "stock" and my 2 door we both purchased from shamaley ford here in El Paso Texas. These were actually my first new vehicles i have ever bought in my lifetime and the experience was great. But my intentions were to offroad and trail and actually USE the bronco 2 door badlands sasquatch and i even was sold on extended warranty as to make sure I was covered on the drivetrain on a brand new unproven vehicle. Thats what i was told.

I have been a ford guy my entire life (40 now) too many to count and even currrently have a 76 bronco, 69 f250 and 59 f250 all 4x4. anyways. The KNOWN issue on sway bar disconnect equipped vehicles is that this warning comes on, sway bar stays stuck off and goat modes and 4x4 is disabled. this happend twice to my "stock" 4 door. and first time the computer was just flashed. we have seen body control modules or connections or even the entire sway bar system having to be replaced on many of these vehicles. FORD themselves have a bulletin on this issue.

NOW fast forward and im being denied service or warranty work on this issue on my 2 door because it has coilovers or long arm suspension or at least that is what i was told. I was told ford reps even went down to asses and also agreed with the dealership. No clue if thats what really happened but thats what im told as of now. So they couldnt answer the question if ANYONE moving forward with a 2-3" lift with 37s will be $%cked with this known issue moving forward ? i know plenty of people that say their dealership did right by them. Honestly i just wanted them to flash the computer and i am going to have to disconnect the damn sway bar myself moving forward. Its a damn shame. I upgraded to badlands and sasquatch and everything sold on the idea that warranty would cover a known issue like this.

SO just beware. dont get the coolest trim badlands or other sway bar disconnect models if you plan on lifting your bronco (lift me baby)

308476CB-8817-4270-9678-3CB0FB2618F7.jpeg

20230629_105742.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grodyoffroad

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
also i didnt add this vehicle has been modified and wheeled for over a year, and this came on randomly one day driving on pavement, well just popped up on the screen after starting it up actually.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to report to Ford, and Ford needs to send someone to prove your lift caused your issue. They cannot deny warranty unless it is proven what you have done has caused the issue.

I know first hand, not with my Bronco, but with my GT350 owned. A 50cent pice hole was in the block due to the number 7 piston letting go. The dealer tried to blame my headers for the issue. I got Ford involved, and they sent an engineer. The engineer confirmed it had zero to do with headers and that the rod let go due to various defects in the engine. I received a new UPDATED engine from Ford.

Do not let the dealer service screw you over. That is what the act is for.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You need to report to Ford, and Ford needs to send someone to prove your lift caused your issue. They cannot deny warranty unless it is proven what you have done has caused the issue.

I know first hand, not with my Bronco, but with my GT350 owned. A 50cent pice hole was in the block due to the number 7 piston letting go. The dealer tried to blame my headers for the issue. I got Ford involved, and they sent an engineer. The engineer confirmed it had zero to do with headers and that the rod let go due to various defects in the engine. I received a new UPDATED engine from Ford.

Do not let the dealer service screw you over. That is what the act is for.
Sounds like someone from Ford already looked at it. If it was an FSE and they agreed that the damage was caused by modifications, OP is probably SOL.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grodyoffroad

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like someone from Ford already looked at it. If it was an FSE and they agreed that the damage was caused by modifications, OP is probably SOL.
basically. im on hold with ford with my case number to see what exactly happened or they are saying. there is also a case number pending with the dealership and ford about the matter but they wont give me any info on that.

OP
OP
Grodyoffroad

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
im more confused now than ever. ford says they cannot go against the diagnosis from the dealership. case was closed, but to call them when i take it into another dealership so they can continue to not do a damn thing to help. got it lol. the damn world we live in now

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's not how this works lol
Yes and no. The dealer is saying the lift/37s are voiding warranty. Although it very well could be the changes, the question becomes is there proof that the changes actually caused the issue, and is there any comparable existing issues?

There are other things like this recall, and others have this issue without a lift or changes. Others on this forum had similar issues that required a new ECM.

I agree that it is not exact, but I think the next course of action is to either eat the repairs, go aftermarket, or the legal route. I'd say another dealer but odds are since it was submitted to Ford and denied you will probably get the same results.

Good luck!
Sponsored