Sponsored

Sta-bar disconnected error twice now....

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I know others have had this issue. In both instances, I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually disconnected. Once I was in 4A and today, 2H...
Both errors appeared at start up.
Cleared it (reset error codes) both times with ForScan mobile with no I'll effects.
Likely a connector of pressure sensor fault 🤷
Sponsored

thisispete

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing here, "Sta-Bar Disconnect Service Required" popped up around 6000 miles, and again the next day then haven't seen it again since, 3-4 days now.. Talked to a service tech since I was on a road trip and about 1000 miles from my destination and they said it was safe to drive back home, service appointment next week.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing here, "Sta-Bar Disconnect Service Required" popped up around 6000 miles, and again the next day then haven't seen it again since, 3-4 days now.. Talked to a service tech since I was on a road trip and about 1000 miles from my destination and they said it was safe to drive back home, service appointment next week.

Any update to this by chance? Mine popped on two days ago and hasn't gone away 😕 Taking it to the dealership on Tuesday (only closest appointment available) 🥺

thisispete

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update to this by chance? Mine popped on two days ago and hasn't gone away 😕 Taking it to the dealership on Tuesday (only closest appointment available) 🥺
Took it in, they said something to the effect of some pressure reading was mis-calibrated and had to be corrected in software, no mechanical issues, fixed for free in about 40 min wait.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took it in, they said something to the effect of some pressure reading was mis-calibrated and had to be corrected in software, no mechanical issues, fixed for free in about 40 min wait.
Thats great news, I've been reading about others with full replacements and waiting long... I'm praying mine is similar to yours 🙏

Thanks for replying back!

Sponsored

Fourd

Badlands
First Name
Fourd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Volvo V8 X90R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did they resolve? Ford's technical bulletin said software update but didn't work for me and cost me a weekend in the country with no 4wd or GOAT mode.

Can anyone recommend exactly what Forscan download or equipment works best with Bronco to at least clear this notice so I can get 4wd/GOAT mode.

Thanks in advance and sorry for spamming boards. Dealer has no clue what to do.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did they resolve? Ford's technical bulletin said software update but didn't work for me and cost me a weekend in the country with no 4wd or GOAT mode.

Can anyone recommend exactly what Forscan download or equipment works best with Bronco to at least clear this notice so I can get 4wd/GOAT mode.

Thanks in advance and sorry for spamming boards. Dealer has no clue what to do.
Did anyone provide an answer to this by chance?

Had my light come up a 4th time... Galpin ford said a software ipdate was needed for the first time, it went away no problems until 11k miles after 2nd time they couldn't replicate it so nothing done and it went away on its own. 3rd time was placed on waitlist at Galpin said tech is backed up, so I took it to Simi Valley. Tech was given a ford bulletin to apply electrical grease. Car sits for a day and a half and light has come back on... I'm hoping sensor or stabar gets replaced like I've read others have had done but this is getting ridiculous... no other issues aside from this

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anyone provide an answer to this by chance?

Had my light come up a 4th time... Galpin ford said a software ipdate was needed for the first time, it went away no problems until 11k miles after 2nd time they couldn't replicate it so nothing done and it went away on its own. 3rd time was placed on waitlist at Galpin said tech is backed up, so I took it to Simi Valley. Tech was given a ford bulletin to apply electrical grease. Car sits for a day and a half and light has come back on... I'm hoping sensor or stabar gets replaced like I've read others have had done but this is getting ridiculous... no other issues aside from this
Not sure if this helps. After checking all the electrical connections and software on the swaybar disconnect. The dealership ended up replacing my entire unit at 12,000 miles. Hopefully they can do the same for you and not try little things each time.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this helps. After checking all the electrical connections and software on the swaybar disconnect. The dealership ended up replacing my entire unit at 12,000 miles. Hopefully they can do the same for you and not try little things each time.
Thanks for posting! After the 3rd time I was hoping it would happen thay way... I'm trying to set up another appt. so they can do that. Do you remember how long the parts took to come in/time spent at dealer?

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting! After the 3rd time I was hoping it would happen thay way... I'm trying to set up another appt. so they can do that. Do you remember how long the parts took to come in/time spent at dealer?
2 weeks for the part, for a 2 hour repair.

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My error was sway bar cannot reconnect. Do not drive over 20 mph. This was after using the disconnect on Hell's revenge. Dealer said that in order to reconnect you must be on flat ground. If not it tries to reconnect and if it can't within about 20 seconds, it throws the code. Dealer also said they have replaced 6 of them (small dealer). So there appears to be a problem. Mine is a 2023.

The real problem for me it that the error message won't go away, and you lose the right half of your display. Crazy.
Sponsored