Standard Front Bumper Mods and Accessories

Bruzzo

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX SAS; 1965 Shelby Cobra (Backdraft)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone have this one installed?

TAC Bull Bar Compatible with 2021-2022 Ford Bronco SUV 3” Black Front Bumper Grille Guard Brush Guard Rock Armor Front Protection Accessories
https://a.co/d/6IlbPkG

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

TAC Bull Bar Compatible with 2021-2022 Ford Bronco SUV 3” Black Front Bumper Grille Guard Brush Guard Rock Armor Front Protection Accessories
I used the link and took a look. I thought nice! Then saw how low it mounted, no, way too low

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I fabbed up some soft shackle mounts since I lost my tow hooks with my Blue Ox tow bar mount
Ford Bronco Standard Front Bumper Mods and Accessories 20220418_111221
Ford Bronco Standard Front Bumper Mods and Accessories 20220421_121426

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used the link and took a look. I thought nice! Then saw how low it mounted, no, way too low
agreed- and also i believe you lose the tow hooks

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

agreed- and also i believe you lose the tow hooks
I've thought about buying a generic one and building brackets to mount behind the plastic trim pieces at the bumper mounts. But my fab skills aren't that great.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Way too low and looks half-assed. That'll be a huge No from me. It reminds me of a bull dog face from the front, lol.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This company has a few options for the standard bumper:

https://mandronline.com/collections/2021-ford-bronco-standard-bumper

I like it it’s temporary for me until I find an aftermarket bumper I like. Was not too crazy to install either.

2510901A-B4AB-47B1-A3FC-AA684503252A.jpeg

B0C35977-81AE-4D4A-B7C9-E2210237DCD3.jpeg
I don't mind these and would have had it under consideration, but I have front parking sensors and it's not compatible. Im hoping more options hit the market.

All I have done to my OE bumper is the RC tow hook conversion. It wakens up the front a bit. I have found that I prefer the shackles higher up such as on the steel bumpers, they are a bit low with the factory tow hook location but still an improvement.

Ford Bronco Standard Front Bumper Mods and Accessories PXL_20221022_203953892-01

Honyock

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 F350, 2004 S211 E500 (22 Base + manual + SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I fabbed up some soft shackle mounts since I lost my tow hooks with my Blue Ox tow bar mount
20220418_111221.jpg
20220421_121426.jpg
I am thinking about adding a winch mount/bull bar setup in a similar way, just cutting a rectangular slot in my Base bumper to allow access to the brackets on the frame. There is one I saw that add the shackle tie ins and mount my winch with better access than the Rough Country hidden mount I had previously bought before I got sent the wrong package by CJ Pony Parts/Rough Country.
Ford Bronco Standard Front Bumper Mods and Accessories 1668380170983

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am thinking about adding a winch mount/bull bar setup in a similar way, just cutting a rectangular slot in my Base bumper to allow access to the brackets on the frame. There is one I saw that add the shackle tie ins and mount my winch with better access than the Rough Country hidden mount I had previously bought before I got sent the wrong package by CJ Pony Parts/Rough Country.
Ford Bronco Standard Front Bumper Mods and Accessories 1668380170983
Yeo if my fab skills were better I would have done a winch mount from the bumper mounts behind the plastic trim. As is I used the RC Hidden mount and these minimal shackle mounts. RC include some filler plates for use on the winch mount for the mod bumper. Some day I'll use them to fab up some shackle mounts like on the capable. Oscar on this forum built something up a year ago.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bump... Any more options???

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought a Big Bend 2023 on March 18. The dealer had only two new ones when I showed up. The red Big Bend was stock. Just a Mid package and rear locking diff (4.27), dual tops(!), tow package, blah, blah and a dang burn plastic standard bumper.

I bought a lift kit...no not for wheels and tires but to remove the hard top! Only had the hard top on for a week before I put the soft top on.

Now I'm exploring what to do with the plastic bumper. I'm not keen on replacing it because of the sensors UNITIL I realized I don't have any in the Big Bend plastic bumper. I don't have the ACC so I'm guessing that squarish plastic plate in the center of the bumper hole is just for show?

Behind the plastic caps the bumper appears to attach the same as the others. Seems like someone could design a winch mount that bolts on there and then plastic replacement caps to clean it up.

Ford Bronco Standard Front Bumper Mods and Accessories PXL_20230329_201749737

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Obx SaS/2021 Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The RC Tow Hook Brackets are pretty awesome… super easy to install.

Ford Bronco Standard Front Bumper Mods and Accessories PXL_20230329_201749737

[These do not look all that solid of a bracket. All the reviews say they look good. But no one says how well the function.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These do not look all that solid of a bracket. All the reviews say they look good. But no one says how well the function.
I'm sure this was meant to be your comment.

I have not tested them in a recovery situation but they are very stout, would not be afraid to use them. They are far more heavy duty than the standard tow ring. Here is the full bracket, mounted.

Ford Bronco Standard Front Bumper Mods and Accessories PXL_20220911_154525729
Sponsored